Author Topic: Baulder's Gate 3 Physicial Release Confirmed  (Read 2291 times)

telekill

Baulder's Gate 3 Physicial Release Confirmed
« on: November 16, 2023, 01:19:56 pm »

It's a beautiful edition, but man... not what I expected. I mean... I kind of expected a collector's edition, but I also expected a regular vanilla edition. There doesn't appear to be a vanilla edition. It comes with a lot and it's only $10 more... sitting at $80 to preorder. I suppose that's fair given most new games are now $70.

Without burying the lead, here's the link to preorder direct from their site:

https://box.baldursgate3.game/

I honestly don't know if other retailers will be getting copies to sell. As of this time, I don't see it listed on Gamestop. If you buy the game on PS5 it'll come on 2 discs. If you buy it on Xbox, it'll come on 3 discs. If you buy it on PC, you'll get 1 disc and a download code.

I've personally been holding off to get a phycisal edition. Not sure I'll pick it up at that price. What about you? Are you interested in buying it?

Re: Baulder's Gate 3 Physicial Release Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 03:34:57 pm »
Honestly, even if it was a 60 dollar standard price, that's a pretty decent deal for a deluxe edition.  Crazy we are starting to see games get so massive, they require multiple blu-ray discs lol

dhaabi

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 03:59:42 pm »
It's a beautiful edition, but man... not what I expected. I mean... I kind of expected a collector's edition, but I also expected a regular vanilla edition. There doesn't appear to be a vanilla edition. It comes with a lot and it's only $10 more... sitting at $80 to preorder. I suppose that's fair given most new games are now $70.

Meanwhile, the standard edition to be released in Japan is only $53.

telekill

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 05:42:56 pm »

Meanwhile, the standard edition to be released in Japan is only $53.

I'm going to hold off a bit and see if they release a standard edition.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 07:08:02 pm »
Cool that it's finally getting a physical release.  I'll probably wait and see if the PS5 version gets a good sale at some point.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 09:32:17 am »
Wait a fucking minute...

So let's say you get what you want and they release a standard edition, and seeing as it's $52.99 in Japan it'll be, maybe $49.99 in the States, $59.99 at worst. That'll be a difference of $30/$20, $27 if you import it for what seems like a rather solid collector's edition at the price they're charging—3-disc soundtrack, a double-sided map, 32 stickers, 2 patches, and a poster (that looks fucking metal, by the way). Come on, now! I can understand the hesitancy some of us showed back when they announced the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection collector's edition because that one was a shitty cash grab, but this one ain't it, chief. Honestly, the Larian insulated bottle costs more in comparison.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

ferraroso

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 02:14:06 am »
I didn’t even know that game didn’t have a physical release.
Don’t know… I still have strong prejudice against download-only titles. To me, they still feel like lesser games that didn’t get a “real” release, you know?

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 10:00:47 am »
Don’t know… I still have strong prejudice against download-only titles. To me, they still feel like lesser games that didn’t get a “real” release, you know?

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

telekill

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2023, 10:20:19 am »

I'll add that I find it really strange that the younger generations of gamers are willing to spend so much of their money on digital only, which they'll never own and can be revoked from them at a moment's notice.

Oh, and it's not that $80 isn't reasonable for the above, it's that I'm weighing time to play vs IP never played vs cost.

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2023, 10:39:27 am »
I'll add that I find it really strange that the younger generations of gamers are willing to spend so much of their money on digital only, which they'll never own and can be revoked from them at a moment's notice.

They'll most likely tell you it's the convenience of it all. It's all about the "hype" with most gamers these days, so once they're done with the game and that hype dies down, they move on to the next; and why would they care about that old game when they have the newest one on the market that they'll surely abandon for the newer one the next month or so.

Oh, and it's not that $80 isn't reasonable for the above, it's that I'm weighing time to play vs IP never played vs cost.

Gotcha. It's still a good deal, though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 04:38:04 pm by pzeke »