Author Topic: Limited Run Games Showcase 2023  (Read 904 times)

Limited Run Games Showcase 2023
« on: July 12, 2023, 02:10:18 pm »
It starts at 4pm ET today. What's everyone hoping for?

For me, I really hope they announce Castlevania Advanced Collection and Also Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown. As of late, I don't feel like LRG has brought their A-game when it comes to physically releases. For a while I was having a hard time keeping up with how many games I wanted to order from them, but now I don't think I've bought anything from them in around 6-months or so. Here's hoping they can tempt my wallet with whatever they have planned.

BinaryMessiah

Re: Limited Run Games Showcase 2023
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 02:51:26 pm »
They're turn-around time pre-pandemic was okay. Some pre-orders during that time took 18 months or more to ship. It got pretty stupid, but most of that was out of there hands. I remember getting an email from them for the Quake collector's edition (big box) saying they just needed the die cast metal figures made and it would ship at the end of that month. It wound up shipping some 8 months later.

I also found the quality of the items aren't exactly what they were described or shown to be. For example, the BloodRayne: Fresh Bites deluxe edition extras were pretty bad. The pen was terribly made and looked cheap. Probably had to cut corners on some stuff to get things made. Here's hoping now that supply chains have eased up that the quality will go back up.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 05:29:53 pm »
Didn't check this out, but saw that they confirmed what games are for the Jurassic Park collection.  Kinda sucks there's none of the Sega games, and probably the only game I have nostalgia for is the SNES Jurassic Park, but I like a nice collection of classic games, so I'll probably pick this up as 30 bucks isn't bad at all.

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 05:51:10 pm »
I skimmed through an article listing their announcements. It seems as if LRG's focus for some time has been to port older games to modern systems. That's fine if you're wanting easier accessibility, but I'm not personally interested in those re-releases or compilations. It's been some time since I've bought something actually exclusive to them.

For me, I really hope they announce Castlevania Advanced Collection and Also Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown.

One out of two, not bad. I'm sure Castlevania Advance Collection will also receive a wider retail release if it hasn't already been confirmed.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 06:30:42 pm »
Okay, went to look it up and I see Gex Trilogy, which is great, I'll probably grab that, Double Shake looks cool as a throwback to the PS2/N64 era 3D platformers that are built around being a side scroller.  Gargoyles remastered is neat, never played the original, but I'll be curious to check it out as it'll have a digital release.  I'll definitely be grabbing the Castlevania Advance Collection.  Collections and retro throwbacks is great for me.

megasilverx1

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 08:12:38 pm »
I was at work while this presentation went on, but looking at their twitter feed, I'm looking forward to ClockTower, Gex Trilogy, Tomba, Shantae Advance, and Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore. Also I was happy to see that Plumbers Don't Wear Ties finally has a release date...or month in this case.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 12:45:52 am »
I just went on Gematsu and saw Gex Trilogy, amazing!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2023, 02:04:11 am »
I looked up Arzette: Jewel of Faramore and also am interested in that, which is weird to say that a game based on the worst Zelda games ever made is interesting, but if they can take that cheesy art and style and make a decent sidescroller, I'm up for that lol

telly

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2023, 08:21:27 am »
The games I will definitely be getting include the Castlevania Advance Collection and Clock Tower. I'm interested in the Tomba! Collection, Shantae Advance and Chicory as well.

Some of the games I was hoping to see announced included Spelunky 2 and Neurodiver. The latter hasn't even come out yet so there's still time.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

telekill

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2023, 08:55:50 am »
The Jurassic Park collection skipping out on the Sega games is probably the worst decision they could have made. Makes it go from a preorder to a wait and see if it hits shelves.

Aside from JP, Gex might be fun to revisit. I won't be preordering that one either.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023, 01:39:53 pm »
Mostly ports of old games, hardly anything new or exciting.

I will get the Castlevania Advance Collection, for certain. I might partake in Midnight Fight Express, and I'm thinking about the Shantae GBA game. I already imported Scarlet Remillia and Tiger-Heli. Other than that... meh.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

empovyle

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2023, 02:29:38 pm »
Pleasantly surprised by the Tomba and Gex announcements. I've always wanted to own Tomba but every time I consider buying a copy, its just slightly out of my price range. Now I'll finally have my chance. Hopefully they will release the second game too eventually. Gex is a series I've tried to get into multiple times across all three titles but never could, crossing my fingers that the new release will give the extra push to finish at least one of the games. I'm wondering if they will be touched up at all or if they will strictly be ports... IIRC, the first Gex game is quite dated, I think it only had a password save system on the PS1, but I might be wrong... it's been a really long time since I've played it.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2023, 02:09:06 pm »
gba castlevania collection nice

nothing interesting asside from that  at elats not for the lrg pricepoint they are way too expensive to get for europe