Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 9.14.2023 thoughts?  (Read 700 times)

Nintendo Direct 9.14.2023 thoughts?
« on: September 14, 2023, 09:58:32 am »
Starting now! Will the F-Zero rumors be accurate?

F-Zero 99 is pretty funny.

DIDDY KONG FINALLY IN MARIO KART 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paper Mario fans finally get what they've been begging for.

Seems like Nintendo learned to stop giving WarioWare demos, oh well.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 10:48:50 am by weirdfeline »

Re: Nintendo Direct 9.14.2023 thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 01:36:44 pm »
Nothing for me here, but I got Super Mario RPG coming up later this year and that's all that matters lol

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 02:18:04 pm »
I was hoping for a F-Zero GX remaster/port.  :'(

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 03:33:52 pm »
Part of me loves that Diddy Kong is there in Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing vibes, but it also just makes me want Diddy Kong Racing 2 so much more.  Give me that over another Mario Kart any day lol

telekill

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2023, 05:52:06 pm »
The best thing announced today was the original 3 Tomb Raider games being remastered. I'll pick up the PS5 disc.

As for Nintendo specific titles, I'm not interested in what was shown. I honestly don't know why Nintendo is sitting on Twilight Princess and Wind Waker (among other Zelda titles) and not re-releasing them on Switch. They need to pull an 3D All-Stars and put the two mentioned in a set.

dhaabi

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 09:46:01 am »
Another Code: Recollection
This was unexpected. I've been mildly interested in the original DS game for some time. Since it includes an easy means to access the previously Japan-exclusive sequel, I'd consider purchasing this.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft
They couldn't offer all five original Core Design games instead of the first three?

Unicorn Overlord
"The rebirth of tactical fantasy RPGs." What a claim.

F-Zero 99
"F-Zero returns...as a battle royale!"
This obviously isn't what many fans were wanting, but a release like this makes sense. It's a franchise Nintendo's long not known how to modernize, and their focus on racing games obviously lies with Mario Kart. If enough engagement with F-Zero 99 is achieved, I'm sure the possibility of some kind of proper remake or sequel would be considered. For what it is, the game looks fun, anyway.

Eastward: Octopia
While advertised as DLC, it's able to be played without the base game, so it's really a standalone title. Eastward is a great game, but its ending has finality. That it's predominantly a farming sim doesn't interest me either, so there isn't any good reason I'd want to revisit the game based on the new content alone.

Dave the Diver
I've not heard of the game before which has been available for PC for about a year, but this looks fun. I've played another food-gathering cooking game before, but this one has a much nicer presentation and seems to have better gameplay mechanics. I'd play it, for sure.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 10:00:07 am by dhaabi »

telly

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2023, 10:34:56 am »
The big game for me is Eiyuden Chronicles. It's finally got a release date after I backed it in July of 2020. I haven't played Rising but I'm still really excited for this game! Not getting it on Switch though  :P

I'm also really happy people are getting a chance to play Thousand-Year Door. Makes me want to play through the series.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2023, 01:08:50 pm »
I'm still waiting for my Mario baseball game on the switch I am beginning to get worried that I might not get that.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023, 02:04:25 pm »
It was okay. I was most excited about Tomb Raider Trilogy Remastered and Trace Memory, but everything else either didn't interest me or is something I'm mildly excited about like Mario RPG. Speaking of Mario, however, there is currently an over saturation of Mario themed games coming out. i think Nintendo needs to give a few other franchises some of the spotlight for a bit.

alligo

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2023, 03:22:23 pm »
Interested by

MK VS DK
Mario RPG
Mario Wonder
Princess Showtime
Horizon Chase 2
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

megasilverx1

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2023, 09:11:15 pm »
I thought it was fine. Was happy to see F-Zero return in some form, but I haven't played any of these Battle Royale type games Switch online offers, so I probably won't bother with this one.

-Princess Peach Showtime looks pretty fun and reminds me a bit of Kirby
-New WarioWare continues to look fun and hopefully it ends up being that because Get it Together was pretty disappointing to me
-While I never really understood the hype around it the original, the Super Mario RPG remake still looks like it'll be fun
-Another Code: Recollection seems interesting, but I'm sure I'll end up not picking it up
-It was nice to see Thousand Year Door getting a remake and I'm sure I'll be picking that up. Fun game but I remember it being SUPER backtracky.

telekill

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 11:03:21 am »

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft
They couldn't offer all five original Core Design games instead of the first three?

I'm willing to bet that they decided to squeeze out two more trilogy sets depending on how this one does.

Next up will be the rest of the Core games:
 - TR Last Revelation (good)
 - TR Chronicles (bad)
 - TR Angel of Darkness (glitchy as F)

After that will be the PS2/3 era Crystal Dynamics games:
 - TR Legends (good)
 - TR Anniversary (great)
 - TR Underworld (good)

I'm hoping the last group isn't dependent on the second as I expect only the hardcore fans to pick it up with only one good game in the set.

As a side note, while Capcom has opted to Remake all the Resident Evil games instead of remaster (except Code Veronica for some baffling reason), I'm surprised they haven't decided to release a remaster set of the original RE games as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:06:23 am by telekill »

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 03:42:51 pm »
so excited for Paper Mario TTYD.  It's my favorite.