Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII: The Complete Guide - Limited Edition  (Read 822 times)

Final Fantasy XII: The Complete Guide - Limited Edition
« on: April 27, 2022, 11:24:10 am »
The database listing for the FF XII strategy guide is for 2 different guides.  The first two photos show the standard edition and the third photo is of the Limited Edition release.  The bar code appears to also be the Limited Edition.  It looks like this listing has become a mix of two different products.

I have the standard edition so i can create the correct listing for this if you want.

dhaabi

Re: Final Fantasy XII: The Complete Guide - Limited Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 11:31:16 am »
There are five separate entries for Fantasy Fantasy XII strategy guides, and I don't think any of them match to the description you're providing. Which entry are you referencing specifically?

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 12:56:55 pm »
There are five separate entries for Fantasy Fantasy XII strategy guides, and I don't think any of them match to the description you're providing. Which entry are you referencing specifically?

The one with the exact wording of the title of this thread

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 01:17:24 pm »

In the future, it is best to provide direct links to any entry you have questions about so that others can be certain which entry is being addressed.

Again, your description does not describe any of the five Final Fantasy XII strategy guide entries. 39356 features Limited Edition text on the front cover, so the front cover art is accurate and is not an image of the "standard edition" item as you suggest. Last year, it seems to have been confirmed that 39356 is a brown book with a white dust jacket as its outer layer. If you have reason to believe this information is inaccurate, the entry may need to be re-visited to re-confirm its details. If not, then the brown book you're referring to is an incomplete item that is missing the dust jacket.

Last year's conversation about this entry can be read starting from this post and the following few after it.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 01:33:48 pm »

In the future, it is best to provide direct links to any entry you have questions about so that others can be certain which entry is being addressed.

Again, your description does not describe any of the five Final Fantasy XII strategy guide entries. 39356 features Limited Edition text on the front cover, so the front cover art is accurate and is not an image of the "standard edition" item as you suggest. Last year, it seems to have been confirmed that 39356 is a brown book with a white dust jacket as its outer layer. If you have reason to believe this information is inaccurate, the entry may need to be re-visited to re-confirm its details. If not, then the brown book you're referring to is an incomplete item that is missing the dust jacket.

Last year's conversation about this entry can be read starting from this post and the following few after it.

Ok got it.  It looks like i missed there is a dustjacket.

I canot find the standard issue listed, can you point me to this one?  Or shall i create a new entry?

dhaabi

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 03:09:10 pm »
I canot find the standard issue listed, can you point me to this one?  Or shall i create a new entry?

If you're referring to the strategy guide released in the UK like this one, then no, it has not yet been submitted.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 02:20:19 am »
There are two different versions released from Piggyback - Softcover & Hardcover. There is also a strategy guide preview booklet I go when I purchased the game originally.
https://www.piggyback.com/en/guide/final-fantasy-xii/

I just made a listing for it -  put softcover in brackets so the difference is clear but if this annoys anyone they're welcome to change it:
https://vgcollect.com/item/217819
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 02:32:20 am by vivigamer »