Author Topic: Summer 2022 video game announcements  (Read 1404 times)

Re: Summer 2022 video game announcements
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2022, 06:37:10 pm »
This wasn't a game revealed at the recent shows, but a demo went out for Metal: Hellsinger and it's awesome.  Doom, but a rhythm game is sick.  I'm a sucker if you do anything that leans hard into a heavy metal vibe, Brutal Legend is one of my favorite games, so the idea that you'll do more damage if you do everything in time to the beat of the metal song and that the higher your fury meter builds, the more of the metal song you get, culminating in the vocals coming in, with some great singers like Alissa White-Gluz from Arch Enemy, Mat Heavy from Trivium, Randy Blythe from Lamb of God, and Serj Tankian from System of a Down, among others.  It's all original music too which is great.  Heck, they could have DLC for the game and it's just new music you could play to.  That's replay value there lol

The actual rhythm part can be a decent challenge, different weapons have different rhythms, the sword gets a special faster slash ultimate after killing enough demons that requires you to hit the rhythm quicker and the other weapons have their own ultimates also.  Super legit game, definite get if you are into that run and gun, old school, Doom gameplay, but with a twist.

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2022, 10:48:31 pm »
The only stuff that piqued my interest was old stuff: The Resident Evil 4 Remake and Capcom Arcade Stadium 2.

...so when are we getting a Nintendo Direct?
June 29th is the current rumor for Nintendo.

This wasn't a game revealed at the recent shows, but a demo went out for Metal: Hellsinger and it's awesome.  Doom, but a rhythm game is sick.  I'm a sucker if you do anything that leans hard into a heavy metal vibe, Brutal Legend is one of my favorite games, so the idea that you'll do more damage if you do everything in time to the beat of the metal song and that the higher your fury meter builds, the more of the metal song you get, culminating in the vocals coming in, with some great singers like Alissa White-Gluz from Arch Enemy, Mat Heavy from Trivium, Randy Blythe from Lamb of God, and Serj Tankian from System of a Down, among others.  It's all original music too which is great.  Heck, they could have DLC for the game and it's just new music you could play to.  That's replay value there lol

The actual rhythm part can be a decent challenge, different weapons have different rhythms, the sword gets a special faster slash ultimate after killing enough demons that requires you to hit the rhythm quicker and the other weapons have their own ultimates also.  Super legit game, definite get if you are into that run and gun, old school, Doom gameplay, but with a twist.
I went to check that out then learned the PS4 version was cancelled. Weird because when announcing they demo I'm pretty sure they said PlayStation and didn't specify just 5.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2022, 12:09:12 am »
I went to check that out then learned the PS4 version was cancelled. Weird because when announcing they demo I'm pretty sure they said PlayStation and didn't specify just 5.

I wonder if it was easier for them to just focus on modern hardware, which takes the number of systems they have to make it for down to three instead of 5.  I know that kind of stuff can become a big problem for devs, though I don't think this couldn't run on Xbox One and PS4, it's not a graphically crazy game, but who knows.  A bummer if you are unable to play it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 11:18:59 am »
It really was underwhelming this year. Not much to be excited about and what I was excited about was mostly stuff already announced and/or retro stuff.

My final game interest list after every showcase:

-Capcom Arcade Stadium 2
-The Last Case of Benedict Fox
-Resident Evil 4 Remake
-Sonic Frontiers
-Sonic Origins (already pre-ordered the deluxe edition since it was only $5 more)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 11:21:58 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 12:53:43 pm »
The Resident Evil 4 Remake looks awesome!

The RE4 remake just feels so unnecessary.

The duality of man.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2022, 01:58:32 pm »
The Resident Evil 4 Remake looks awesome!

The RE4 remake just feels so unnecessary.

The duality of man.

It can look awesome and be unnecessary.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2022, 07:52:08 am »
Spookulele from the Guerrilla Collective 3.5 show seems neat and has a free demo.