Author Topic: How Many Of You Played A Round Of Klondike (Microsoft Classic Solitaire)?  (Read 1135 times)

May 22, 1990

It's been on every single windows PC since the at least Windows 3.0 even before Windows 3.1 and even popular Windows 95 came out so how many of you played it. I just started to play it on Windows 10 with the hidden but built in Solitaire Collection, it's a fun game when you got nothing else better to do but Klondike it's called comes with ads in windows 10 though :-\

you can level up in windows 10 version and gain experience pointe just like in modern games how many of you played solitaire at work or school since this game has literally been on every single windows OS machine since May 22, 1990
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:24:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I did. In fact, solitaire and mine sweeper were the 1st. games I ever played on PC, followed by some old DOS-based economic simulations. But I always was a child of home consoles, so this was just a short period of my gaming life.  :)
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

I possibly played it in the 90's at some point, thought the family didn't own a PC till 2000, which I do remember playing it back then of course.  That and minesweeper were always classic time wasters when I was just listening to music or waiting for something to download because I had dial up for a time or had just gotten cable internet, which was still way slow compared to nowadays.  Nothing wrong with a few rounds of Solitaire, though I haven't played it in many years.

Bluemoon

I've been playing it every now then when i'm bored, the add free version is on xbox gamepass so I gave it a try

gummo

If you have an Xbox account you can get achievements playing it on your windows PC , I think Minesweeper too .

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Hell yes.
My parents got me my first very own PC when I went to college, and it was state of the art at the time with a CD-ROM drive :0

Played the hell out of 7th Guest, which was included, but also discovered Klondike and Minesweeper, which sucked up a number of hours I should have been studying.

gummo

In the dial-up days of the internet when I was getting 5kbps of blazing speed ,I would play solitaire while I waited for a web page to load . Those built in games were a necessity .   

Hell yes.
My parents got me my first very own PC when I went to college, and it was state of the art at the time with a CD-ROM drive :0

Played the hell out of 7th Guest, which was included, but also discovered Klondike and Minesweeper, which sucked up a number of hours I should have been studying.

Did it have a Pentium 1 or 2 Processer? I remember when CD-ROM's were a big thing too, now your lucky to find a PC with Any kind of physical Drive ::) and some PC cases don't even have room for a CD-ROM/DVD/Blu-Ray dive either

(edit) maybe a 386 Processor since the 7tyh guest came out in 1993?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 05:30:12 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Hell yes.

Did it have a Pentium 1 or 2 Processer? I remember when CD-ROM's were a big thing too, now your lucky to find a PC with Any kind of physical Drive ::) and some PC cases don't even have room for a CD-ROM/DVD/Blu-Ray dive either

(edit) maybe a 386 Processor since the 7tyh guest came out in 1993?
I started college in ‘94, and I honestly don’t remember the processor, but it may have been a Pentium 1. I know it was an IBM PC running Windows 3.1 and it came bundled with 7th Guest, which was my first CD-ROM game of any kind since I never owned a Sega CD or Turbo CD.

sworddude

I've definitely killed some time with them old school free simple microsoft games way back

also some solitaire although I didn't really touch with superior options such as skifree

solitaire I'd maybe play as a time killer in those crappy screens on planes that got nothing way later but I'd lose interest quite quickly. and that's only if the lights are so terrible that I don't feel like using an actual handheld

skifree is something special though
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:09:22 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

I've definitely killed some time with them old school free simple microsoft games way back

also some solitaire although I didn't really touch with superior options such as skifree

solitaire I'd maybe play as a time killer in those crappy screens on planes that got nothing way later but I'd lose interest quite quickly. and that's only if the lights are so terrible that I don't feel like using an actual handheld

I used to play SkiFree a lot but never could quite understand what to do when the beast came out and ate your man, although fun, I always wondered is that suppose to be the game, I mean ski until you ate ate by a beast? or was there something you needed to do to avoid the beast? like keep up your score or something? I mean I never figured out what to do once the beast came out, that seemed like it your dead, so start over what was the point? I loved ski free but somehow woundered was I missing something?

I feel I never was playing the game correctly, because once the beast came out I think I ran out him a couple of times without getting ate, but never knew exactly what to do once he came on the screen, I would be kinda dissappointed once he came on the screen because I wanted to ski more, but Activision's Skiing for the Atari 2600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDDJ07QQnUE

I actually prefer skiing for the Atari 2600 without the beast eating your man do you remember

Breakout Arkanoid
 for the Windows OS here is a download link for it I actually played Breakout on windows 98 back in the day

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/breakout/9wzdncrfjc9k?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

NO APPS NEEDED

sworddude

I used to play SkiFree a lot but never could quite understand what to do when the beast came out and ate your man, although fun, I always wondered is that suppose to be the game, I mean ski until you ate ate by a beast? or was there something you needed to do to avoid the beast? like keep up your score or something? I mean I never figured out what to do once the beast came out, that seemed like it your dead, so start over what was the point? I loved ski free but somehow woundered was I missing something?

I feel I never was playing the game correctly, because once the beast came out I think I ran out him a couple of times without getting ate, but never knew exactly what to do once he came on the screen, I would be kinda dissappointed once he came on the screen because I wanted to ski more, but Activision's Skiing for the Atari 2600

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/breakout/9wzdncrfjc9k?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

there was a speed up button to make running away from it easier

but it's a score game ye
Your Stylish Sword Master!