Author Topic: Pac-Man World  (Read 835 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Pac-Man World
« on: July 16, 2022, 10:58:25 pm »
An underrated platformer series that I don't hear a lot of people talk about. I own all three of them. Are you a fan?

The first game is getting a remake next month, which honestly was surprising. I wasn't expecting that game to get a remake. I already have it pre-ordered. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Re: Pac-Man World
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 12:36:27 am »
One of the 3D Platformers series I never got around to, but I'm willing to check out the remake they are putting out as it looks like it could be some good fun.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 10:01:57 am »
Bandai Namco seem to be really embracing these re-makes, first Klonoa and now Pac-Man, just the one game with Pac-Man though, strangely. I wonder if they're testing the waters here but the emphasis on platformers is interesting. I'd love to see them release a Tekken compilation and do something else with Ridge Racer, perhaps a remake of Type 4, I'd love that.

empovyle

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 10:11:40 am »
Super excited for this!! I grew up with Pac-Man World 1 and 2 and they were some of my favorites to play, up there with Crash and Spyro. Really thankful that Bandai Namco has packed this summer with this game and Klonoa back-to-back because it's given me a lot to look forward to and play. In the trailer, we can see they are making some changes to the level layouts and drastic changes to some bosses, unlike the Klonoa remasters which are basically the same games in HD. The original Pac-Man World, I hate to say it, is very janky if you go for 100% completion, so I'm hopeful these level changes will mitigate that.

alligo

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 10:53:30 pm »
I could never discover it when I was young (never heard of it) but I'm very happy to hear about a remake.

The game interests me, I'm thinking of taking it !

Bandai Namco seem to be really embracing these re-makes, first Klonoa and now Pac-Man, just the one game with Pac-Man though, strangely. I wonder if they're testing the waters here but the emphasis on platformers is interesting. I'd love to see them release a Tekken compilation and do something else with Ridge Racer, perhaps a remake of Type 4, I'd love that.

Omg, I would love a remaster or a brand new ridge racer ! ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 10:55:39 pm by alligo »
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 11:13:43 pm »
I could never discover it when I was young (never heard of it) but I'm very happy to hear about a remake.

The game interests me, I'm thinking of taking it !

Omg, I would love a remaster or a brand new ridge racer ! ;D

We better get more than 2 tracks this time, if they do.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 01:26:01 pm »
Learned about how dope the World series is from Nitro Rad, glad Bandai Namco is giving it a 2nd chance. Even though the redesign for Toc-Man and replacement characters bother me. I mean I'm still getting it, and I understand why the replacement characters exist. What I don't understand is why Re-Pac didn't also come with World 2.