Author Topic: Your Opinions Of Online Radio Broadcasters Or DJ's  (Read 2051 times)

Your Opinions Of Online Radio Broadcasters Or DJ's
« on: July 24, 2022, 04:10:07 pm »
Story goes I brought up this topic on a forum about only music after I registered and then the next time I logged in I get a banned message and also another message saying ban will NEVER be lifted and no reason was given so I am pissed about that so anyway on with the topic.

what is your opinion about online radio broadcasters, do they suck? do you hate them? why do you think I was banned for no reason and given the message my ban will never be lifted? I did introduce myself and told them I was a non profit Broadcaster so maybe they thought I was spamming the forum anyway I am pissed about it I can't even start a discussion as a forum newbie without someone slamming the hammer for no reason.

My opinion is simple I think it is wrong to rebroadcast someone else broadcast for financial benefit, I also think it is wrong to broadcast without at least a blanket license, I also think it is wrong for any DJ to broadcast bootleg recordings or some recordings he or she got from some burned disc but I didn't say these things in the post on that forum so I don't know what the fuck happened.

I broadcast my own radio station without commercials, but I do have a blanket license that I pay for, I am guessing it't that I can't afford to pay 9c a song airtime that pissed them off though

« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 04:14:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Your Opinions Of Online Radio Broadcasters Or DJ's
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 06:38:55 pm »
I have no opinion about online broadcasters.  I mostly listen to my own library or podcasts.

As for the rest of what you said, it has been covered before.  You have a license that protects you, but does not cover any services that you may use to broadcast.  You were banned because they were legally liable for what you were broadcasting.

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11607.0.html#msg192214

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 01:20:57 am »
I have no opinion about online broadcasters.  I mostly listen to my own library or podcasts.

As for the rest of what you said, it has been covered before.  You have a license that protects you, but does not cover any services that you may use to broadcast.  You were banned because they were legally liable for what you were broadcasting.

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11607.0.html#msg192214

no I still have my licensed online radio station stream up and running with no problems, I'm just getting banned on most online forums not by my host, my host serves lots of people both with and without a business, I'm pretty sure some of the people they host do not own a streaming license and they do not provide one with the cost of running my server. the license cost is paid directly to ASCAP once a year separately from  the stream cost paid once a month.

I am getting banned because forum admins think I am trying to sell something on their forum but I am not even though I mention my station is not a business and commercial free. after getting banned from 3 or 4 forums for just mentioning I had a radio station I quit.

However this forum and the VLC forum admins seem to not mind me talking about my stream and I and I am happy this forum and VLC forum both support my station and don't mind hearing more about it, if I try just mentioning it on just about anyone else forums most of them perma banned me without a reason or even a warning

Mod The Sims forum so far took down my thread I made about my station  without telling me but they had the decency not to ban me for it but they left my signature for some reason in which I have that to be thankful for too.

I can see each numeric details of each device that tunes into my station even for 1 second, so if someone ever tunes in it's in my daily report in which I check daily out of curiosity, I guess you could say the results currently don't seem too too bad, but they are far from where I want them to be, I get  4 or sometimes 5 listeners within a 24 hour period that listen more than 1 minute.

If you look at the fact I'm competing with over 50,000 music stations worldwide If only I knew what the average listener or tune in rate was I would be happy
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 01:24:30 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 03:27:06 am »
I do have to admit I think most radio DJ's suck these days, for example my mom has an FM radio with 2 Rock Stations in her car and they have been playing the same hits daily over and over again since most of them hit's 1st came out be it in the 1980's 1990's or 2000's and you can just forget the 1960's music and most of the 1970's.

anybody tied of the same hit Led Zeppelin song's yet? or perhaps most of Foreigner's major hits I mean you can forget the b-sides according to most of those modern DJ's Oh and Van Halen is anybody tied of Hot With The Teacher? or Runnin' With The Devil, or that same old Gun's 'n' Roses song over and over again day after day?

According to the Internet even most of the modern DJ's could care less about music and all those forgotten songs that are just as good if not better then some of the biggest hits ever released.

All radio stations play the same songs over and over again to draw in the people at first glance with something people are familiar with or know the words by heart to keep them tuned in Then once they have you tuned in they put on the commercials.

Does their strategy work? well yes it does it does hold most people attention until they put on commercials that is.

As a DJ myself I am not like the rest but at the same time because I do play a ton of songs people don't recognize at first glance most people tune into my station for 5 seconds then leave in spite of me advertising as No Commercials in the stream title of my own radio station :'(

I am slowly getting known all over China and the United States though at about 4 listeners per day at 4 or more hours at a given timeframe and most people come back because I'm that good  :-\
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:32:17 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 01:28:18 am »
Well the ICECAST gets hacked sometimes but at least if you guys and girls want to hear another station, try stream finder's website they have other stations, and I also sponsored that site too for a long time. or use my free VLC mods for mobile and PC devices on the VLC forum. I posted the directions to my own mod linked to 3 different sites the instructions on how to use the mod is On VLC forum under coffee corner. but to get a direct link to the direct link to the link scroll down on my stations Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix/

sorry for these instructions because I can't control the Internet ways better.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 01:32:54 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 01:29:46 am »
I like hearing other broadcasters sometimes, especially the ones without constant advertising or constant chatter.

NO APPS NEEDED