Author Topic: advice/help  (Read 2724 times)

Re: advice/help
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 04:41:22 pm »
Well, Thank you, and I understand the frustration. While doing this I tried again to get my 2nd account working and I still can't change the password.

If you do what I suggest, you should have it done in like 5 minutes though (As long as you know your current password). As far as how long will it be before they change it again? IDK. that's not anything we can control. It's inconvenient and a pain in the ass, but it is what it is. You can get back on if you really want to, you do need to take a few minutes to do so though.

Modern gaming, with internet, accounts, $$ involved, etc just don't mesh with the "plug in and play" way we used to play games. There are a fair amount of retro gamers here for a reason!

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2022, 04:45:37 pm »
I just dont wanna deal with it every time  its not a once and done thing. so even if there is a woraround like you are saying its gonna be an  real pain in the ass  and ruins the fun for me.

an honestly this feels to me like someone died. I was so proud of having a complete set I met my best friend  thanks to the vita and also true him y other friend.  my best friend helped me so much without him I never got the full set. my vita collection  meant the world to me and now it feels tained  almost like its garbage if that makes sense

it just relay hurts me that the 1 thing I ever completed in my life gets ruined this way
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 04:47:44 pm by wowgek7 »

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2022, 04:49:23 pm »
I just dotn wanna deal with it every time  its not a once and done thing. so even if there is a woraround like you are saying its gonna be an  real pain in the ass  and ruins the fun for me.

You only have to do it once. I just clicked save password. You can even change it back to your old password (I think that's what I did) if you set it to auto login you will just go back to login into your vita every time you turn it on.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2022, 05:52:34 pm »
pretty sure its more then once my friend said so and he should know he is both the number 1 and 2 trophy hunter of my country both his accounts are top 50 of  the world. he doesnt do physicla for ps4 and 5 so he needs to log a lot due to regions

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2022, 06:06:58 pm »
pretty sure its more then once my friend said so and he should know he is both the number 1 and 2 trophy hunter of my country both his accounts are top 50 of  the world. he doesnt do physicla for ps4 and 5 so he needs to log a lot due to regions

Well, I only had to do it once. I can't speak for anyone else. This has nothing to do with PS4/5 though, It's a PS3/Vita only situation.

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2022, 06:16:54 pm »
not realy just vita and ps3 though even those are different ps3 you actualy CAN use without an psn account unlike the vita

with ps4 and ps5 I am pretty sure you need to login the same way though I am not 100% on that since I dont own  either of those systems

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2022, 06:29:57 pm »
not realy just vita and ps3 though even those are different ps3 you actualy CAN use without an psn account unlike the vita

with ps4 and ps5 I am pretty sure you need to login the same way though I am not 100% on that since I dont own  either of those systems

I don't have a PS5, but with PS4 you didn't have to do any of that. That's why Sony's website only mentions the two older systems, not the newer ones. it was a feature designed to enhance security on the older, outdated systems. It was only PS3 and vita, but you are right, you can play PS3 w/o an account.
My 2nd account can log into PS4 no problem, because you didn't have to go through these hoops.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2022, 06:49:57 pm »

I don't have a PS5, but with PS4 you didn't have to do any of that. That's why Sony's website only mentions the two older systems, not the newer ones. it was a feature designed to enhance security on the older, outdated systems. It was only PS3 and vita, but you are right, you can play PS3 w/o an account.
My 2nd account can log into PS4 no problem, because you didn't have to go through these hoops.
cant  you use your ps4 then to find your password back so you cna use it on your other account on the vita?  at leats that would solve your issue

and lets be real its not about security at all  sony doesnt give a fuck about that

its just to literlay kill their legacy systems. they tried it before by closing the stores people got mad so they ecoinsidered now they are just oing it in small steps

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2022, 07:28:01 pm »
cant  you use your ps4 then to find your password back so you cna use it on your other account on the vita?  at leats that would solve your issue

Unfortunately, no. You can't "see" your password, and the only option it gives me is to send an email to reset...which doesn't work. Trust me, I've tried all that.
Oops, messed up the quotes.

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2022, 07:34:51 pm »

Unfortunately, no. You can't "see" your password, and the only option it gives me is to send an email to reset...which doesn't work. Trust me, I've tried all that.
just wondering is the email correct for your account? maybe its an old mail you cnat acces anymore

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2022, 09:08:28 pm »

just wondering is the email correct for your account? maybe its an old mail you cnat acces anymore

The Email is correct, 100%.

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 04:26:37 am »
do you remember at least part of your passwod you cna at leats see how long it is  so if you remember part of it you might be able to figure it out still

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2022, 01:59:54 pm »
do you remember at least part of your passwod you cna at leats see how long it is  so if you remember part of it you might be able to figure it out still

Nah, my passwords are usually pretty random. I may use a phrase or something, but it's whatever words pop in my head at the moment...I don't use the same phrases in multiple passwords. So, lol, honestly there is no way I'll remember it. My best hope is that I wrote it down, which is likely...just gotta find it. (I changed it back in Feb) or just wait out Sony's inability to let me change my password.

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 06:09:16 pm »
wel I hope at leats you cna get your problem solved at least I am fucked sadly

dhaabi

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2022, 12:05:09 pm »
pretty sure its more then once my friend said so

Well, I only had to do it once. I can't speak for anyone else. This has nothing to do with PS4/5 though, It's a PS3/Vita only situation.

I've only just updated to 3.74 after this thread was created, but I've had to go through the Device Setup Password prompt once. I've tried both physical and digital games without issue, both after immediately installing the update and after restarting the system. I've not been asked to initiate the Device Setup Password prompt since.

wel I hope at leats you cna get your problem solved at least I am fucked sadly

You're not. For now, this new log-in system appears to be a one-time prompt unless manually logging out, although that could change with any future system updates.