Author Topic: What happened to this site?  (Read 2657 times)

Re: What happened to this site?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2022, 10:22:41 pm »
I lost interest in collecting video games after COVID, and gaming altogether, I've been sick too I want to play what I have plus does not help I can't add all my games to my collection, I could have about 4000, or more games plus variations  or playstyles of games I want to explore but don't feel up to the challenge. Plus I was driven away by trolls in this forum, I posted a few things that yall thought I was off my rocker and made fun of me so I quit, I still come back but multiple meme after meme sorta after everything I said turned me away,
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2022, 06:18:59 pm »
I lost interest in collecting video games after COVID, and gaming altogether, I've been sick too I want to play what I have plus does not help I can't add all my games to my collection, I could have about 4000, or more games plus variations  or playstyles of games I want to explore but don't feel up to the challenge. Plus I was driven away by trolls in this forum, I posted a few things that yall thought I was off my rocker and made fun of me so I quit, I still come back but multiple meme after meme sorta after everything I said turned me away,
Damn, I'm sorry to heart that man
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

Warmsignal

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2022, 11:49:06 am »
Think it's been summed up by the other comments. The site is kinda niche, it's one of many collection tracking sites. A lot of these are just apps now. Most of us discovered this place around the same time, and at about the same phase in our collecting. A lot of us participated in the discussion as a group that was still learning, exploring, and trading notes on the state of collecting then and continued to do so until we were near just repeating ourselves. Now, it's a much different beast and much more difficult to be into this hobby, many in our group becoming jaded and apathetic towards collecting over time. We achieved a lot of the basic goals we sat out to achieve, all those years ago. If the state of collecting itself becomes stale to the group, then the forum will fall off. The site did not attract the attention of younger clusters of game collectors. Instead, many moved on to more visible and accessible platforms for such discussion like Reddit, Facebook, etc.

For the record, I'm still about as active as ever in game collecting; and instead of looking for an out, I'm looking towards reasons to keep my interest and finding more all the time. I usually don't post about my escapades or my pickups a lot here anymore, mostly because as you mention there's very little engagement and I feel like there's an apathy towards topics which interest me, or posts I make. For me it's more satisfying when I can connect with groups or individuals that are more on the same wave-length as myself, and I don't sense that here much anymore like I did in the early 2010s.

mark1982

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2022, 06:19:15 am »
I still use the main site functions to keep track of my collection and wishlist items, what games I want to play in the near future etc. I drop in about once a month to check the forums here to see what's going on from time to time. As others have mentioned, there are bigger communities out there now for game discussions and collecting as a hobby.

But in the end I still come back to use VGCollect's main site functions, which is the database for collection tracking.
  l    l 

jipsy

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2022, 10:25:12 pm »
I joined the site during Covid (I think) since then I have moved cross country and started a new job and haven't really had time to be very active on the forums or really do anything video game related. I don't think I've bought a physical video game in over 6 months, which is not something I thought I'd ever say. I'd love to get more active again and would love to see the sight get more active too.
Jipsy