Author Topic: Do any of you have an idea what Nintendo might show at their next direct?  (Read 826 times)

gngtiger

I'm pretty sure (even though E3 is cancelled) Nintendo will just hold a direct in June anyway, since Microsoft is also doing an expo around E3 time, and Sony just held a conference. What do you think Nintendo might show/reveal? I'm hoping to get more information/a trailer for the upcoming Mario movie, and maybe an announcement for GBA games on Nintendo Switch Online.

I doubt we see anything on either.  They did the N64 reveal in fall last year, so probably the same for this year if they plan to add Gameboy stuff.  Also with Mario delayed, I doubt we see anything on it either.  Maybe a tease at most. 

Not sure what they'll show beyond what they've already announced.  I think they need one other big game for their fall/winter season as I think Pokemon is currently the only thing, so I guess it could be that.  I mostly just need a Bayonetta 3 release date and I'm probably good, I don't look forward to the Nintendo stuff as much these days, rarely that much for me usually.  I assume they have to announce their direct date soon as the general timeframe of things is supposed to happen within the next week.

I'm pretty sure (even though E3 is cancelled) Nintendo will just hold a direct in June anyway.

Nintendo has never been one to advertise their Direct far in advance. My guess is we'll hear about it a week prior tops so maybe even next week.

As for my predictions of what they'll have at their direct here is what I'm thinking.

- new BotW2 trailer with more gameplay and story teasers revealed, however it will get pushed back to Spring 2023.
- way more info on Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3
- more info on new mainline Pokemon games + new Pokemon spinoff game announced
- eShop Indie trailer compilation
- more retro games added to online membership
- probably a handful of third party announcements from Square and other companies
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe next DLC wave shown off
- new teaser trailer for unannounced first party game
- Ends with new Bayonetta 3 trailer and 2023 release date

Please, no...I have no Switch exclusive games to play this year if they delay that to 2023 lol

koemo1

PRO Supporter

New Fatal Frame! Let's go :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

turf

PRO Supporter

Has there been any word about Metroid Prime?  That could be something.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say we start seeing the next iteration of the switch teased. Not a new platform. Just an upgrade.

I also want to get weird and say that some strange new IP is around the corner. Something as experimental as ARMS or Splatoon. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I could happen

gngtiger

Please, no...I have no Switch exclusive games to play this year if they delay that to 2023 lol

Kirby is fuming right now

aliensstudios

I bet there's a new F-Zero,  a new Donkey Kong, a Mother 3 official release, a new Chibi Robo, new Golden Sun, a new Punch-Out, a new Kid Icarus, a new Pikmin, a new Sin & Punishment, a new Mario Baseball, a new overhead Zelda game...
just kidding, none of that will happen, but I'd take just one of those things and be pretty darn happy.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

That would be cool if the rumored 3D Donkey Kong from the Odyssey team was real.

gngtiger

I bet there's a new F-Zero,  a new Donkey Kong, a Mother 3 official release, a new Chibi Robo, new Golden Sun, a new Punch-Out, a new Kid Icarus, a new Pikmin, a new Sin & Punishment, a new Mario Baseball, a new overhead Zelda game...
just kidding, none of that will happen, but I'd take just one of those things and be pretty darn happy.

We got Mario Strikers last time, so nothing's out of the ballpark. If there's anything I know about Nintendo, it's that they always have a surprise.

aliensstudios

That would be cool if the rumored 3D Donkey Kong from the Odyssey team was real.
That would be insanely awesome.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Pokemanz

They announced their Direct for tomorrow, but it's only going to focus on one game, Xenoblade 3. I haven't kept up with the series since the first game back on the Wii so I'm not super excited about this, but I guess for some it's pretty cool. Personally I'm bummed we didn't get a more comprehensive direct with more games, announcements, and trailers. Maybe later this summer Nintendo?

I expect one in early to mid-September.  I don't expect Zelda to be shown but might get an Advance Wars release date but will be a digital-only shadow drop.

telekill

They'll show the Metroid 4 logo again. Just the logo. Again.