Author Topic: Adding Origin to the PC Database  (Read 776 times)

Adding Origin to the PC Database
« on: August 25, 2022, 12:09:16 am »
Hi,

So I have started delving into PC gaming & while I had a small amount of titles on Steam (before recently buying up several titles in the last month), I started exploring other PC gaming sites. I just started in with Galaxy of Games (GOG.com). Being that I have played games on consoles for sooooo many years since the days of the Atari 2600, I feel like I have missed out on what PC games have to offer. Now that I've started messing with PC games, now I have an even bigger backlog of games that I have to play. I still have many physical PS1, PS2, & PS4 titles that I haven't played. That's not counting the many PSN digital games. Now I have to add Steam & GOG to that list as well. So many games & so little time to play them all.

I also have stumbled onto Origin. Is it possible to get Origin added as a category under the PC games section?

While I have bought a few titles on Steam (like The Sims 4, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, & Burnout Paradise Remastered) that require you to start an Origin account, there are some titles on there that Steam or GOG doesn't feature. One of which is Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection (which features all 17 Command & Conquer titles). On Steam, I bought Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection, but it doesn't have the other games in the series such as Red Alert 2, Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, Generals, Renegade, Etc. The only way to play those digitally is to get it from Origin.

empovyle

Re: Adding Origin to the PC Database
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 01:05:36 am »
I second this request, Origin as a category would be a fine addition to the database. Its definitely been around long enough to warrant it. I also think that an Epic Games category would be great but that's another topic for another day.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 06:12:32 am »
I second this request, Origin as a category would be a fine addition to the database. Its definitely been around long enough to warrant it. I also think that an Epic Games category would be great but that's another topic for another day.
I'd rather see Epic first.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 07:30:10 am »
Epic, Origin, Ubisoft Connect.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 10:02:34 am »
It is not ideal to add a category for Origin or for any of the other platforms since it will (in essense) allow us to create dupes. A different way of leveraging the existing PC Digital Downloads category (the ability to search/sort/view by platform type) is preferred.

At this point we will not be making new categories for digital PC games, you'll have to be using the description field on the entries.

There has been some design work on how to properly implement all of the different PC download sources, so it is not something we are ignoring.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 05:17:10 pm »
It is not ideal to add a category for Origin or for any of the other platforms since it will (in essense) allow us to create dupes. A different way of leveraging the existing PC Digital Downloads category (the ability to search/sort/view by platform type) is preferred.

At this point we will not be making new categories for digital PC games, you'll have to be using the description field on the entries.

There has been some design work on how to properly implement all of the different PC download sources, so it is not something we are ignoring.

Thanks for the reply.

If you don't ask, you'll never know.