Author Topic: Soooo...what the hell happened to the Resident Evil franchise?!  (Read 1385 times)

telekill

Re: Soooo...what the hell happened to the Resident Evil franchise?!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2022, 06:56:47 pm »
I watched the showcase as well. RE4 is indeed looking incredible but I just don't have it in me to buy the game again. If it were 25-30 year old me... I probably would be preordering it but I just don't care about outright horror games anymore.

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 09:57:51 pm »
Add one more on the RE4R hype train. I need to replay the original in the next five months though. I forgot a decent amount about it and it would be nice to see how they compare in terms of story and how the plot progresses. Gameplay looks WAY better, and that's saying a lot.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2022, 11:04:31 pm »
I was already onboard after the original trilogy remakes were so good. I'm avoiding the showcase so I can be wowed on release day.

kypherion

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2022, 03:10:38 pm »
Same thing that happened to Dead Rising apparently. Now with Resident Evil Re:Verse, it's kinda thrown all of the previously mentioned sci-fi corporate experiment gone wrong type deal. Now it's deathmatch and feels like a worse version of Doom Eternal's online mode.

I watched a video and *spoilers*, when you die you end up turning into a zombie and then Nemesis... and there's like three Nemesis' (idk the plural) in one hallway.

Like what???

This game series actually used to have a crazy atmosphere. I remember playing RE1 on the GamCube and legitimately being unnerved creeping around the Spencer Mansion (granted it was at night, still). They fast n furious'd it by axing everything good and making it about action. Remember when you watched helplessly as Neptune killed your ally in RE1? Replace it with Leon dueling Ustanak or whatever on the rooftop. Sure, the foe is much larger and arguably deadlier, but gone are the clever machinations of our protagonists trying to survive and outrun DOOM.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2022, 03:52:58 pm »
I definitely went from thinking there was absolutely no need for a remake of RE4 to be pretty optimistic after the showcase.  Not enough so for it to be a Day One purchase, but maybe at $30 or so.

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2022, 07:01:45 pm »
I was already onboard after the original trilogy remakes were so good. I'm avoiding the showcase so I can be wowed on release day.

I envy your self control.

I couldn't stay away and RE4R looks incredible! Day one purchase for me.