Author Topic: P.T. and jailbroken PS5  (Read 485 times)

shatterstar69

P.T. and jailbroken PS5
« on: October 23, 2022, 04:16:27 am »
I just want to hear what people think about this?  I realize there is no way to stop modders
from jail breaking any tech much less the PS5 but to then go through all the trouble
To put P.T. (Playable teaser for a Silent Hill game that will never exist in a full fledged form) is mind
boggling to me.  I get that P.T. was and IS very special but why are we wasting energy
on a “game” that Konami will not ever support or develop??
Time to make the donuts!

Re: P.T. and jailbroken PS5
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 07:29:19 am »
I bet that it all stems from their decision to not only not develop it into a full game, but also to remove the playable teaser from the store; this active censorship, combined with the aura the teaser got, led scalpers asking stupid prices for PS4s with P.T. installed on different marketplaces. Providing it back on hacked PS4s & PS5s is a way to fight this obviously, but perhaps also some sort of a protest against Konami stand on P.T. availability in the first place.

Re: P.T. and jailbroken PS5
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 09:11:32 pm »
It's something that will otherwise disappear if people don't find ways to keep putting it onto different hardware.  I don't know if it's available on PC or not with emulation, I would assume it is, but PT was a real unique demo and even if it won't ever exist as a full game, it's good on its own and still worth playing.