Author Topic: Weird issue when trying to add games to collection using barcode  (Read 237 times)

Started adding my collection to the database today first by using the barcode scanner in the app and then my barcode scanner via the website...

At first I was a bit mystified by how many games were returning no results using the barcodes and though to myself "Man, this is going to be a lot of work if I have to add half of my games to the database myself..."

Then I got to my Mega Drive games and out of the first 10+ games nothing returned a result. Weird! So I went to browse to see if there were actually any in the database and almost at the top of the list of EU-games was 688 Attack Sub!

OK, so I checked my barcode against the one in the record and... It was the same! I then tried searching for the barcode again and found nothing!

Something is up with that because since the codes match I should be able to find it using the barcode, and considering it was a lot of games I so far haven't found, among them some really well known ones, it's not just related to one or two entries... And yes, I did find some games using that method.

TLDR: Some searches by barcode return no results despite code being in the database.

jason

Re: Weird issue when trying to add games to collection using barcode
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 06:47:06 pm »
Started adding my collection to the database today first by using the barcode scanner in the app and then my barcode scanner via the website...

At first I was a bit mystified by how many games were returning no results using the barcodes and though to myself "Man, this is going to be a lot of work if I have to add half of my games to the database myself..."

Then I got to my Mega Drive games and out of the first 10+ games nothing returned a result. Weird! So I went to browse to see if there were actually any in the database and almost at the top of the list of EU-games was 688 Attack Sub!

OK, so I checked my barcode against the one in the record and... It was the same! I then tried searching for the barcode again and found nothing!

Something is up with that because since the codes match I should be able to find it using the barcode, and considering it was a lot of games I so far haven't found, among them some really well known ones, it's not just related to one or two entries... And yes, I did find some games using that method.

TLDR: Some searches by barcode return no results despite code being in the database.

Thanks for the feedback, diosyntaxa!

I have fixed this on the web search for 13 digit barcodes. Please let me know if that helps!

Kind regards,

Jason