Author Topic: Is "hype" for games dying off along side of physical media?  (Read 1608 times)

Re: Is "hype" for games dying off along side of physical media?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 06:23:29 am »
just my opinion but i blame discord for this, how many people are now communicating on discord then face to face, that are gamers. im finding it hard to find gamers face to face like i used to. Im not really fond of Discord for other reasons, its a great place to touch base but for me that has been why anticipation is now lacking, you can hardly find someone to hype about a game to lately. its very common many people are making it too ordinary, i dont know if this has to do with our aging or generation, but again a lot of gaming industries are no longer communicative with fans, they don't do interviews, conferences or many game magazines interviews all that was very popular now everything is on twitter about that sort of stuff. feels boring tbh and i hardly see much effort being made like these industries used to when it came to particular game releases due to the fact its now a whole community that are taking over that side of the attention rather then feeling like its been catered to us, maybe half of our gamers have followed that train and I meant getting a physical copy used to feel so good a long time ago, i really wished i could keep collecting special editions but the preorder and raise of prices have always turned me away. Having physical copies felt like trophies at one stage, now you actually have to do trophies on your profile as proof to feel like you have " owned it " and after doing multiple trophies online the game feels awful and repetitive sometimes, not those games fault it was some of the demands needed to be met in order to get those trophies. Asides from my complaining and ramble I really agree with everyone response times have changed and it sucks, game shops are now more dead then ever and i hardly see people lining up for those game preorders and amazing sales/responses, same with physical contact. The content of gaming is all online now forget about the good old days it feels lost. Maybe it was social media's fault when they started to turn game streamers into celebrities to sudden make a norm interested in video games and people monetized gaming instead of being an actual fan and piped down the anticipating feeling. Maybe platforms like Twitch etc weren't such a good idea who knows. If i wanted to go back in time i think 2004 was great until 2016 for me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 06:47:19 am by darkr22 »