Author Topic: what would a multi-game doctor 1 be classified as?  (Read 443 times)

armani

what would a multi-game doctor 1 be classified as?
« on: August 07, 2023, 05:07:24 pm »
recently acquired a multi game doctor 1 from eBay. i have no idea what this would be classified under though. basically uses floppy disks to back up and read ripped games for the super famicom/snes, PC engine/turbografx, and genesis/mega drive. i would consider this to be a gaming peripheral of some sort.

if anyone knows, please let me know, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 05:11:22 pm by armani »

tripredacus

Re: what would a multi-game doctor 1 be classified as?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 09:44:23 am »
It would go into Other Accessory
https://vgcollect.com/browse/accessory

And to make sure we don't cause a headache later, you are going to need to find out how it was sold. I read that a disk drive was sold separately for MDG1, also that there are multiple colors for MDG1 as well. Bung made the first two, but Makko also made them, and there seem to be more clone that came later. If you need help to identify exactly which one you have, you can post pictures here, or post the ebay itm link if it is still available.

armani

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 01:54:54 am »
It would go into Other Accessory
https://vgcollect.com/browse/accessory

And to make sure we don't cause a headache later, you are going to need to find out how it was sold. I read that a disk drive was sold separately for MDG1, also that there are multiple colors for MDG1 as well. Bung made the first two, but Makko also made them, and there seem to be more clone that came later. If you need help to identify exactly which one you have, you can post pictures here, or post the ebay itm link if it is still available.
i believe the one I have is the bung version, it is black colored, but i will post it here, it did indeed come with the disk drive too

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 09:55:13 am »
OK the title for the entry can be

Makko Multi Game Doctor 8M
In description you can put the color
The box front for this is the same between the 4M and 8M unit, so you could make an entry for 4M as well.
The box is here (it is obv a gif so would need to be cropped and saved to JPG before uploading here)
https://www.famicomdisksystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MGD1_Box.gif

I'm presuming that the thing that is in your picture but not in the picture on the box is the part of the system that is connected to the particular console you are backing up from. These appear to come in a separate box as well. Also the disk drive is not in this box or the one for the top part.

So the entry you make can only be for the unit itself for now, until it is confirmed what exactly comes in the box and/or what boxes the other parts come in. So if you add a photo to cart art for the main unit itself, make sure that the top part is not present.

armani

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 06:36:34 pm »
OK the title for the entry can be

Makko Multi Game Doctor 8M
In description you can put the color
The box front for this is the same between the 4M and 8M unit, so you could make an entry for 4M as well.
The box is here (it is obv a gif so would need to be cropped and saved to JPG before uploading here)
https://www.famicomdisksystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MGD1_Box.gif

I'm presuming that the thing that is in your picture but not in the picture on the box is the part of the system that is connected to the particular console you are backing up from. These appear to come in a separate box as well. Also the disk drive is not in this box or the one for the top part.

So the entry you make can only be for the unit itself for now, until it is confirmed what exactly comes in the box and/or what boxes the other parts come in. So if you add a photo to cart art for the main unit itself, make sure that the top part is not present.
sounds good, tyvm!