Author Topic: The Masters of Remasters  (Read 619 times)

The Masters of Remasters
« on: August 06, 2023, 10:23:20 am »
If someone wants to remake a good game, It has to be good. SOMETHINGLIKE:
Tomb Raider for GBC
Super Mario All-Stars

No shovelware remastered such as Blade Runner PS1 or Rehydrated.

Re: The Masters of Remasters
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 07:04:48 am »
If someone wants to remake a good game, It has to be good. SOMETHINGLIKE:
Tomb Raider for GBC
Super Mario All-Stars

No shovelware remastered such as Blade Runner PS1 or Rehydrated.

I'm currently watching my Wife playing Rehydrated and by first look it seems logical to me, that they made this remake bc it's a really fun platformer all in all.

As SquareEnix is partially leaking, a remake of Final Fantasy IX is coming quite for sure. Some SquareEnix people already formulated their wish for a Remake of Final Fantasy VI, which I personally would welcome A LOT.  8)

But it's still kinda sad that there is this ocean of remasters and remakes and soooo few original new games dropping...

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 07:33:58 am »
Yeah, Rehydrated is actually pretty good, and I'm not a huge 3D platformer fan.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 03:42:05 pm »
Handheld ports! They're demakes of that same game but so 2D/early3D.

- Lego GBA/DS/3DS ports, such as Star Wars, Batman, Marvel, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc.
- Movie tie-ins, THQ, Activision, and more doing this.
- Some TV tie-ins as well.

And Alien Hominid? That sucks. Because Flash is done.

RIP Alien Hominid 2003-2021

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 06:48:46 pm »
The point of this topic is to pay respect to good Remasters?

- If so i have to tip my hat to the Resident Evil 4-6 HD ports on PS4 - Next to no changes to the game but upscaled to 1080p & the perfect way to experience them games (yes, I like RE6!)

- Another series which has done well is the Yakuza series. The Yakuza 3-5 Remasters are wonderful - Once again preserving the orignal experiences but upscaled and with better framerates. Many are wishing for a Yakuza 3 Kiwami, I loved the game but I am content with what we already have with that collection - Unlike 1 & 2 Which have REALLY benefitted from the Kiwami treatment!

- The Kingdom Hearts compilations are great too - I'd say the PS4 version of Birth By Sleep really enhances the experience. All these games look so crisp and lovely & at least now we don't have to jump around handheld consoles to experience the series - However since these releases there are a lot of complex lore within mobile games...

- Lastly a shout out to the TOSE ports of RPG's on PSP. Star Ocean 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 1, 2 & 4 - All these ports are wonderful - The FF ports arguably look leagues ahead of the Pixel Remasters IMO opinion.

I personally love good Remasters/Ports. I would rather the original experience of a game ported and upscaled than this phase of Remaskes we're in now - I see remakes as an indulgence incomparison, I mean i have enjoyed some but find there is too much focus on them these days. Of course nostalgia sells, so it won't stop anytime soon, but at least with the Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake we're getting the Remastered Collection beforehand, this way I feel content as I have my original game upscaled, so they can do whatever with the remake.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 09:32:54 am »
Yeah, cuz I kidd with Alex Kidd. And the Legend of Kay did remake too! Alien Hominid is still dead.

2D handheld demakes are cool!

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 09:30:18 pm »
As SquareEnix is partially leaking, a remake of Final Fantasy IX is coming quite for sure. [...]

Have this in the meantime.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 04:11:48 pm »
I played the Crash 'n Burn remake on the ps2 and it was not bad :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]