Author Topic: Just ordered a Series X for 350. Buyers remorse. Will I regret it?  (Read 761 times)

Hello everyone :)

I need a little bit of selling on next gen because I feel after getting a sizable work bonus my eyes were bigger than my wallet and I may have made a foolish expenditure.

https://youtu.be/k6SnoENLSOE

This video shows a 10 year old xbox one with dust caked in it's vents from 2013 going toe to toe with a series X on performance mode and being almost indistinguishable. What am I missing?  This is like a 8 yr old beating Brock Lesnar in an arm wrestle? Almost 3 years in. Where is the fidelity?

With Forza 8 being exclusive to Series X and PC the writing was on the wall. I am curious about NFS unbound and I think having guardians on gamepass is cool. But the controller is the same. The UI is the same. Aside from being forced to buy one by my turn 10 overlords. Why would I buy one?

"This is the crusades, the second coming, an aurora borealis collapsing into itself forming a black hole that eats a white dwarf star. It's the pinnacle of human innovation"

How I referred to series x after it was announced.

Now PS5 is a sexier console. Better UI.  Beautiful controller. But my PS4 pro is my baby and I still use it for everything. I only got xbox because forza.

I feel like a spaghetti strand on a tin roof. I think they knew this.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: Just ordered a Series X for 350. Buyers remorse. Will I regret it?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 09:33:37 pm »
Ok I have Both consols and I like each but here are some of my likes and dislikes.

1.Ps5 is ugly as hell -
2.The controller is excellent verry comfortable I prefer it to the X-box controller +
3.No web browser -
4.Runs and performs great +
5.Dashboard is not my favorite but it's not bad I think im just use to X-box to be fair =
6.I like being able to play Ps4 games off external hard-drive +
7.You can add storage to hard drive +
8.The controller battery life is awful -
9.games are great but not many killer aps for either system =

1.X-box Series x is a very confusing name it was a bad choice -
2.Controller is fine but you can also upgrade to a pro controller it's excellent and has a way longer life between charges than the Ps5 +
3.Has a web browser this alone is a must have imo. +
4.Won't play games from external hard drive must move them to internal first -
5.You can add storage to hard drive +
6.Runs and performs great +
7.Looks pleasing to the eyes +
8.Game pass is cool +
9.Games are great but not many killer aps yet for either system =
10.I prefer the dashboard on X-box imo +

So either way both systems are good imo. I really like the ps5 over the Ps4 I play it more than I ever played the ps4.And I also love my series X but get the pro controller with it.It's the way to go especially if you play alot of shooters.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 09:43:05 pm »
That video showed gameplay from Forza Horizon wich runs on both consols but Forza 8 will be exclusive to series X and was made to perform on that systen alone

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 11:34:30 pm »
I'm happy with mine. I've had no problems with mine. Games run and look great on it. And the best part is the backwards compatibility going back to the original Xbox and making most games look and/or run better.

And to clear up an earlier point brought up: Only Series X specific games have to be run on the internal hard drive or from a Series X Expansion Card. An external hard drive will play games directly from it if they are Xbox One, 360, or Original Xbox games.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 01:08:48 pm »
For me, the feeling of going from the One to a Series S to a Series X felt just like upgrading my PC. While everything functions identically, it also all just runs better. Games loaded faster, ran smoother, and downloaded and installed faster. Fallout 4 was one of the most notable examples where on my One, I could be at a loading screen for up to a minute where on the X, the longest was about 3-4 seconds.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 05:10:43 pm »
350? You got it for 200 less than retail after taxes. If it's new you got a steal, if it's used you still got a steal.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 07:07:57 pm »
Thanks everyone for commenting. I feel better about it as a whole. With next gen I gotta look at it more as a upgraded One X and not necessarily a new experience. The backwards compatability and the ability to jump right to game from a cold start is nifty. Its a powerful little beast :)

350? You got it for 200 less than retail after taxes. If it's new you got a steal, if it's used you still got a steal.

It is pre owned but the previous owner took well care of it. Not even a scratch and runs quietly. I have a month return window and i'm gonna opt for the 2 year insurance from CPS which I never do usually but with this it was only 29.99 and if it happens to have indisclosed wear I will be covered. But it's a relief to know I got a good deal. It was a big decision. I always bloom late with next gen. 

Anyone got hidden gems or xbox exclusives I might overlook? I love the textured triggers of the new controller.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 07:53:57 pm »
I'm happy with mine. I've had no problems with mine. Games run and look great on it. And the best part is the backwards compatibility going back to the original Xbox and making most games look and/or run better.

And to clear up an earlier point brought up: Only Series X specific games have to be run on the internal hard drive or from a Series X Expansion Card. An external hard drive will play games directly from it if they are Xbox One, 360, or Original Xbox games.

Cool I thought  they had to be moved thanks Doom! My bad

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 08:07:46 pm »
Thanks everyone for commenting. I feel better about it as a whole. With next gen I gotta look at it more as a upgraded One X and not necessarily a new experience. The backwards compatability and the ability to jump right to game from a cold start is nifty. Its a powerful little beast :)

It is pre owned but the previous owner took well care of it. Not even a scratch and runs quietly. I have a month return window and i'm gonna opt for the 2 year insurance from CPS which I never do usually but with this it was only 29.99 and if it happens to have indisclosed wear I will be covered. But it's a relief to know I got a good deal. It was a big decision. I always bloom late with next gen. 

Anyone got hidden gems or xbox exclusives I might overlook? I love the textured triggers of the new controller.

Alan Wake is a must have imo.

dhaabi

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 01:28:05 pm »
From what I understand about your gaming interests and habits, you won't regret the purchase. If subscribing to Game Pass to have access to a large library of games is what you gravitate toward, then you'll be satisfied with the variety alongside certain new releases also debuting on the service the same day the game releases at retail.

Anyone got hidden gems or xbox exclusives I might overlook?

However, if you are looking for quality or interesting exclusive games, you may not find the Series X to be a worthy purchase. While there should be quality exclusives in the future from some of the new studios recently acquired by Microsoft, there are very few now. Studios such as ZeniMax Media are now owned, while the deal with Activision Blizzard is still to be settled. Without probing into the Xbox Series library, I can only think of one single console exclusive already released (Microsoft Flight Simulator) since many titles still release for Xbox One, let alone one I'd want to play.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 01:42:54 pm »
Halo: Infinite was a great exclusive.

And Starfield is the next massive open-world game from Bethesda exclusive to Microsoft platforms.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 06:51:59 pm by burningdoom »

dhaabi

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 06:26:23 pm »

Halo Infinite released for both Xbox One and Xbox Series X and is therefore not exclusive to either platform. marvelvscapcom2 would be able to play it regardless of owning a Series X or not, since they also own a Xbox One.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 07:04:09 pm »

Halo Infinite released for both Xbox One and Xbox Series X and is therefore not exclusive to either platform. marvelvscapcom2 would be able to play it regardless of owning a Series X or not, since they also own a Xbox One.

It's on steam as well, but I get where burningdoom is coming from.