Author Topic: Rarest Items in Game Collection?  (Read 1192 times)

galaxygamer102

Rarest Items in Game Collection?
« on: February 20, 2023, 10:08:41 pm »
What do you think are the rarest items in your collection? My collection is good (in my opinion, at least) And I don't really think I have anything super rare, but I DO have a complete copy of Mario Party Advance, which I think is pretty rare, mainly because I always see people selling GBA games out of box (Also people throw away the boxes because they were cardboard)

ferraroso

Re: Rarest Items in Game Collection?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 03:26:07 am »
Being a Brazilian living in Japan, I own many games from both countries that would be considered pretty rare in most of the world (feel free to browse my collection and check out some cool Japanese gems and Brazilian exclusive items).
However, if I am to pick only one item, it'd definitely be this sealed copy of Shutsudou! Miniskirt Police (T-30810G).

Only one other (open) copy of this game has surfaced in the last 36 months (at least) and it was sold for ¥144,100 (US$1,070) a few months ago:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f1070724677
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 07:55:35 am by ferraroso »

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 04:14:09 am »
Probably the "goodies" I've gotten to take home from working retail. I've got a handful of discs meant for Gamecube, 360, and PSP retail kiosk displays, a promotional standee advertising the upcoming Nintendo Switch, and a floor shipper for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Even got to take home the entire Xbox 360 retail display itself, but I had to get rid of it because of space issues.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 06:06:42 am »
Probably: Futuropolis for the Philips CD-i.
The biggest cd-i collecting website used my pictures to archive the game :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 06:42:49 am »
Rarest item in my collection is propably my CIB Street Gangs (River City Ransom) for PAL NES.
I bought this one early when I started collecting, paying about 100 Euros for it ...

Another expensive, if not rare, item is a CIB Legend of Dragoon for PSone.

I was told, that my "Arena" for SEGA Game Gear is also quite rare ^^

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 09:26:48 am »
Rare would be to mean that at any given point of time, you can't find the item for sale. I have a lot of rare PC games, but this is usually a boring answer. There are some PC games I own that I have not put into my collection nor are added to the database because there are none online or for sale to know how they were packaged.

For console games, probably the rarest if the Judge Dredd demo cart on Sega Genesis.
https://vgcollect.com/item/47764

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 10:48:12 am »
Probably The Punisher on Genesis I recently got.

Either that or the "Wonder Wizard" Pong clone machine I have. I can find little more than a photo of it online.

I also own Mega Man Legends 2, not sure if that's still a sought after one or not, but it definitely was at one point.

And I have Bucky 'O Hare on NES.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 01:22:23 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 11:09:14 am »
Probably my small collection of Saturn games.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 12:54:56 pm »
Philips in2it

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 02:45:14 pm »
A Virtual Boy with manuals and every US released game except for Jack Bros.

soera

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 08:51:06 pm »
I have amassed a bit of cool items.

Legend of heroes Trails of Cold steel III Limited edition PS4 console
Ys Books 1&2 and Ys III and Legend of heroes Dragon slayer (Turbo Duo)
Marenian Tavern story LRG card printing plate
5 year anniversary LRG Vita reward
Albert Odyssey, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Magic Knight Rayearth (Sega Saturn)
6 different PS4 employee controllers
1 of 2 prototype set of Messiah wireless NES controllers with COA
Entire released set of TurboGrafx magazine (Turbo force, Turbo Play, Duo World)
Entire released set of SEGA Newsletter (Issue 1 still has iron-on patch)
Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Controller
Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 NFS kiosk demo disk
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (both sealed)
Legend of Zelda sealed GameCube collection
GX TV with attached manual and remote control
Sealed FREAK series controller set

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 11:34:22 pm »
I used to have a lot of rare items in my collection, but years ago decided I didn't want to be a trophy collector so I sold most of them. I'm not certain how rare some of these are, but they are certainly things I almost never see or I've never seen them anywhere else beyond my collection.

Shenmue: Collectors Edition (Dreamcast)
Blood Will Tell (PS2)
My World, My Way (DS)
Demon Souls Deluxe Edition (PS3)

megasilverx1

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 11:53:45 pm »
I have some games that go for a bit of money, but I wouldn't exactly call them rare. Games like Pokemon Emerald, Heart Gold, Black 2 or the mainline DS/3DS Dragon Quest games. In terms of consoles that are rare-ish, I have a Game Boy Light, Virtual Boy, 32X, and Nuon.

The things I would count as rare (being small print run over value) that I own are:

-Tail Concerto (PS1, loose, ~150,000 sold)
-Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (DS, loose, ~100,000 sold)
-Nintendo Roulette board game from the 1960s (complete, ?? made)
-Sutte Hakkun (SFC, loose, ?? sold) It was a very late Super Famicom game release (June '99)
-Retrobit Mega Man: The Wily Wars re-release (GEN, complete, 20,000 made)
-Retrobit Avenging Spirit re-release (GB, complete, 5500 made)
-Rikki & Vikki (7800, complete, 550 made)
-Virtual Boy Works Collector's Edition (book, complete, 500 made)
-Primal Rage Blizzard trophy (?? made) I could only find one video about this trophy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC54e6vw3aM
-Game Gear Checker cartridge (GG, loose, ?? made) A test cartridge for checking link cable connections between Game Gear consoles.

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 11:34:06 am »
My most valuable item is probably my CiB EarthBound, but that's not nearly as rare as most would have you believe.

My rarest video game would probably be Super Copa for SNES, or my sealed Majesco White-Label Contra III.

My rarest video-game-related item is likely the vinyl in-store advertising banner I have for Jurassic Park on Sega Genesis/CD and Game Gear.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 11:36:25 am by snyderec3 »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 07:35:32 pm »
I pretty sure my rarest video game system is FM Towns Marty cib and I have a cib  Splatterhouse for it. I have other games for it too that are probably rarer but Splatterhouse is the most recognizable.

I have a Dreamcast 3 ring binder that came from the Sega Corporate Offices. When Sega was planning the release of the Dreamecast the office personal used them in meetings. I got mine from a salesman after he left the company.

I also got a Sega Dreamcast kiosk from same salesman.

Neon X-box 360 sign

PlayStation3 test system used by game companies to develop games

For the Gameboy Advanced Zelda the MinishCap not for resale given out at E3.

Copy of GI Joe Atlantis Factor for Nes signed by YouTubers like Avgn, Mike Matei, Pat Contri

As far as so called rare / valuable games I guess Sega Saturn Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magic knight Rayearth, House of the Dead ect.. the Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Persona 1&2 for Ps1 Kuon, Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground for Ps2 A Sealed copy of BattleToads Nes. And many more but not really sure some of that stuff should count sure it's expensive but is it really rare? (except the Saturn stuff) anyway I love it all the rare / valuable
and the common / wortless every item in my collection is important to me in one way or another.