Author Topic: Rejected field, but something was submitted  (Read 272 times)

Rejected field, but something was submitted
« on: April 25, 2023, 05:30:54 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this issue is here in the proper board. But I would like to add a new publisher to an existing game, but my addition was discarded:

Your edit to Escape from Traam was rejected.
Monday April 24th, 2023 at 5:09 PM
Field:    publisher
New Value:    Prism Leisure Corporation
Reason:    Action Not Allowed. Please see the VGCollect Style Guide or visit the Forums to clear up any listing questions.
Admin comments: No publisher selected.

But I have added a value. What should I do now?

dhaabi

Re: Rejected field, but something was submitted
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 05:37:08 pm »
This is not really an error on the user's behalf but with the field design itself. In short, while users can now directly type into the field which allows to better find selectable options within both the Developer and Publisher fields, they still must manually select an option from the list which is not clear. From the edit queue Prism Leisure Corporation was not seen as all. Instead, the information appears unchanged and appears as NA.

With that said, if there are developers or publishers you would like to be added as database options, you may post in a dedicated request thread.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 06:10:42 pm »
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't see any obvious hints in this post: the https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10837.msg178153.html#msg178153 Maybe a remark could be added to point to request thread?

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 10:15:46 am »
That post won't be updated to handle situations where a bug regarding the submit form is happening. It has been reported to our internal bugfix list.