Author Topic: Playstation Showcase - Summer Game Fest  (Read 1928 times)

dhaabi

Re: Playstation Showcase - Summer Game Fest
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2023, 09:24:36 am »
I'd be interested in seeing gameplay of South of Midnight.

Likewise. Not only is the art direction fantastic, but I adore the Southern gothic tone it takes. It's reported to be a third-person action-adventure game, so it's certainly something that could be something I'd enjoy playing.

Oh, Jusant, one of the two games that perked me up at the show as being kinda interesting

Initially, I thought Jusant looked interesting too. But then I thought, "Do I really want to play an entire game based off of climbing mechanics from games such as Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of Tsushima?" I probably don't, so hopefully there's more to Jusant than what the trailer shows.

soera

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2023, 10:56:34 am »
This has been an absolutely atrocious year for getting me hyped for gaming. Great for the wallet. Horrible for my hobby. 90% sure now that PS5 will be my last system.

Not sure how this is even possible. Probably the best year in gaming in the last 10 years or so.
***3*** Legend of heroes/Trails games
Ys X announcement/gameplay
Diablo IV and Baldur's gate 3
Neptunia Sisters Vs Sisters got released.
Granblue fantasy getting a release timeframe.
The 3 biggest fighting franchises, Mortal Kombat, Street fighter, and Tekken all getting a new release.
Final fantasy VII and XVI both getting a release.
Dragon quest getting another console release.
Spider-man 2 (and possibly Wolverine) soon.
Persona 3 and P5 Tactics plus screenshots of Project ReFantasy (Metaphor: ReFantazio)

I couldn't even imagine a better year.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 10:59:38 am by soera »

telekill

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2023, 12:43:24 pm »
This has been an absolutely atrocious year for getting me hyped for gaming. Great for the wallet. Horrible for my hobby. 90% sure now that PS5 will be my last system.

Not sure how this is even possible. Probably the best year in gaming in the last 10 years or so.
The 3 biggest fighting franchises, Mortal Kombat, Street fighter, and Tekken all getting a new release.
Persona 3 and P5 Tactics plus screenshots of Project ReFantasy (Metaphor: ReFantazio)

I don't generally like JRPG or similar games. Never been into anime either. The one exception, FF7 Remake, we knew was coming last year. MK1 was nice but I just bought MK11. I won't get around to MK1 until a Komplete edition releases. We knew of Tekken last year as well. Never played Dragon's Dogma or Baulder's Gate.

Immortals of Aveum has potential but I'm not spending $70 on a new IP.

The most exciting announcement in the last couple weeks for me was Usagi being added to TMNT Shredders Revenge. I was hoping for one... just one of the following...

- Uncharted continuation
 - Dino Crisis reboot/Remake
 - Instinction info
 - Mass Effect 5 info
 - New Tomb Raider info
 - Shenmue continuation (obvious long shot)
 - Witcher info
 - Last Ronin info
 - Indiana Jones info
 - Warhawk (PS3) remaster
 - Twisted Metal game (not that horrible show teaser)
 - Something to excite me I hadn't thought of...

One thing off that list and I got jack. That's been the theme for the PS5 gen. A whole lot of potential squandered.

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2023, 12:58:53 pm »
Initially, I thought Jusant looked interesting too. But then I thought, "Do I really want to play an entire game based off of climbing mechanics from games such as Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of Tsushima?" I probably don't, so hopefully there's more to Jusant than what the trailer shows.

I'm fine with it just being about the climbing, it seemed really chill to me, but I assume it'll have more stuff with puzzles and other interactions to mix up the experience.

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2023, 11:22:52 pm »
Extreme Hype
Could you elaborate on this? I assume you're already a fan of the world so that probably helps?

I am. I loved the first movie and enjoyed the 2nd quite a bit. Looks like a fun, semi-open world Avatar game where you get to play as a Na'vi, get mounts, and explore more of the lore and world of Pandora. I'm actually surprised I'm as excited as I am about it considering I'm general not a fan of Ubisoft games, but it just looks so cool!

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2023, 07:03:03 am »

I don't generally like JRPG or similar games. Never been into anime either. The one exception, FF7 Remake, we knew was coming last year. MK1 was nice but I just bought MK11. I won't get around to MK1 until a Komplete edition releases. We knew of Tekken last year as well. Never played Dragon's Dogma or Baulder's Gate.

Immortals of Aveum has potential but I'm not spending $70 on a new IP.

The most exciting announcement in the last couple weeks for me was Usagi being added to TMNT Shredders Revenge. I was hoping for one... just one of the following...

- Uncharted continuation
 - Dino Crisis reboot/Remake
 - Instinction info
 - Mass Effect 5 info
 - New Tomb Raider info
 - Shenmue continuation (obvious long shot)
 - Witcher info
 - Last Ronin info
 - Indiana Jones info
 - Warhawk (PS3) remaster
 - Twisted Metal game (not that horrible show teaser)
 - Something to excite me I hadn't thought of...

One thing off that list and I got jack. That's been the theme for the PS5 gen. A whole lot of potential squandered.
Instinction got a new trailer.

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2023, 07:04:56 am »
Extreme Hype
Could you elaborate on this? I assume you're already a fan of the world so that probably helps?

I am. I loved the first movie and enjoyed the 2nd quite a bit. Looks like a fun, semi-open world Avatar game where you get to play as a Na'vi, get mounts, and explore more of the lore and world of Pandora. I'm actually surprised I'm as excited as I am about it considering I'm general not a fan of Ubisoft games, but it just looks so cool!
Did you play the PS3/360 Avatar game also made by Ubisoft?

telekill

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2023, 10:43:53 am »
Instinction got a new trailer.

I apparently missed it as it wasn't part of the main show. Still not expecting that one to release for another year or two.

Appreciate the heads up.

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2023, 04:26:35 pm »
Extreme Hype

Did you play the PS3/360 Avatar game also made by Ubisoft?

I have not. TBH I forgot it even existed lol