Author Topic: Banjo-Kazooie turns 25 years old.  (Read 311 times)

mrkonasoni

Banjo-Kazooie turns 25 years old.
« on: July 10, 2023, 04:58:05 pm »
》》》 Start  》》》

Banjo - Kazooie turned 25 since its release recently, so let's talk about it a bit.

I guess at this point in history is almost impossible to say something that is not already known about the game, the development of the game is more than documented, and daily a lot of people still remember the game fondly.

But in the end, I don't believe that's necessarily a bad thing since it shows how much of an impact the game was on both the industry and users, and these days being remembered with a smile seems harder in modern times.

I guess, what made Banjo - Kazooie so special was everything about it, it felt like a different take on Mario 64 but good enough to be its own thing and even helped to build a genre like the 3D platforms, the developers loved making it, and in general the development stories are still some of the most inspiring and cheerful from all times.

I think a good summary for Banjo - Kazooie's overwhelming success is... "It helped to build a genre but also enhanced and it showed both quality and quantity are possible in the correct hands, and that's the reason the game is still loved even 25 years later."

Happy 25th-anniversary Banjo - Kazooie!
But what about you? Do you still love the game? Do you think is overrated? Are you still waiting for another game?

* You are welcome to disagree with me.
* I would like to say the first half of this year was extremely rough so if someone else is going through a hard 2023, I send you my honest best wishes and remember to always stay strong.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Re: Banjo-Kazooie turns 25 years old.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 05:26:13 pm »
It's always been one of my favorite 3D platformers.  At the time, I thought it was better than Super Mario 64 as there was just much more going on, along with the humor and characters.  I played it a bunch on N64, I replayed both Kazooie and Tooie when they did the 360 HD releases, and I've mostly been waiting for it to get a new release on something other than Rare Replay, which is stuck on Xbox consoles (I know the original is on NSO) :-\.  I even like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.  Not that it's the game that should've been made and it's not the best, but as it's own thing, it was a lot of fun.  I never played the GBA game they did.

I would still love a new game, I think there's absolutely a place for it, like we've seen remakes and new releases for games like Crash and Spyro among others and we've seen some games trying to bring back that style of 3D platformer to varying degrees of success (A Hat in Time is the best, Yooka Laylee less so), and I think Banjo-Kazooie are way better than them, so I'm hoping Microsoft/Rare is willing to do a remake or maybe some updated releases that can be on PC or other systems, OR attempt a new game.  Maybe find a new studio that can do it and try to see about getting some Rare vets involved to oversee it.