Author Topic: Bug Fix - Release Type when searching or advanced searching  (Read 1460 times)

jason

Bug Fix - Release Type when searching or advanced searching
« on: October 28, 2023, 11:08:50 pm »
For Digital Titles, I've removed the bug where it would show the Release Type (Official - Upcoming etc.) on the search pages. Hope this makes things a bit cleaner and less confusing.

dhaabi

Re: Bug Fix - Release Type when searching or advanced searching
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 10:56:07 am »
Official (Upcoming) is still present for digital entries on other site pages, such as Collection and Wish List.

jason

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 02:56:12 pm »
Official (Upcoming) is still present for digital entries on other site pages, such as Collection and Wish List.

Thanks! Will have to fix that next

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 09:08:09 pm »
I have another one for you to add to the list: there's the Random link and the user by the name of random, and when you try to access his collection...

May I suggest changing the title of the link by adding '/collection'? I think that's more practical and goes well with the other two lists. Also, and I reckon this might be a tad persnickety of me, but wouldn't it be better to use '/currentplay' for "Currently Playing" to shorten the link a bit?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 09:32:05 am »
I have another one for you to add to the list: there's the Random link and the user by the name of random, and when you try to access his collection...

You'll be pleased to know that I actually reported this issue the very day random joined our site. You'll simultaneously be disappointed that, come tomorrow, a year has passed since then. Nevertheless, the issue is on the lengthy list of dev projects to address, so it has been formally recognized a a problem.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 08:57:22 am by dhaabi »

jason

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 09:38:14 pm »

You'll be pleased to know that I actually reported this issue the very day random joined our site. You'll simultaneously be disappointed that, come tomorrow, a year has passed since then. Nevertheless, the issue is on the lengthy list of dev projects to address, so it has been formally recognized a a problem.

This is indeed a disappointing anniversary.

jason

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 09:39:38 pm »
Reaching out to the user to see if we can't find a way forward.

dhaabi

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 08:06:00 am »
Reaching out to the user to see if we can't find a way forward.

To me, it seems like the easiest solution would be to update the Random url. For example, /randomgame, /randomitem, or even /entry/random (with the latter removing all possibilities of any member's Collection page being unable to be viewed) are perfectly fine alternatives.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 08:08:53 am by dhaabi »

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 02:21:33 am »
Or remove the function altogether? It's quite a superfluous "feature" if I'm being honest; it probably doesn't even see much use outside maybe a few misclicks.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

jason

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2023, 01:18:54 pm »
The user, Random will henceforth be known as randomstranger

Thanks for your patience.

pzeke

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2023, 09:34:47 am »
Could've gone with rand0m instead.