Author Topic: Hover glitch and edit/delete sell list from item page  (Read 735 times)

Hover glitch and edit/delete sell list from item page
« on: June 26, 2023, 12:28:43 am »
On item page should be able to edit/delete if on sell list

weird hover glitch

Re: Hover glitch and edit/delete sell list from item page
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 12:54:01 am »
Figured I would put this other idea in the same post:

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 09:50:31 am »
weird hover glitch

Not weird, not a glitch. There is a gap between the button and the menu, and if you aren't fast enough to get to the menu with your cursor, the menu disappears. It has been this way since it was implemented.

In the future, when you post about UI related things, make sure to also post your user agent.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 02:59:55 am »
weird hover glitch

Not weird, not a glitch. There is a gap between the button and the menu, and if you aren't fast enough to get to the menu with your cursor, the menu disappears. It has been this way since it was implemented.

In the future, when you post about UI related things, make sure to also post your user agent.

Relying on a speedy mouse to navigate a website isn't the best strategy.  Can't imagine a new user would enjoy that experience... it is a bug (maybe one not worth prioritizing).  I won't spend time taking screenshots, hosting online, etc if the feedback isn't needed/welcomed.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 09:23:07 am »
The way that the UX works may well be dependent on the browser and version. It works like that for my setup which is unlikely to be shared with anyone on the site. It may well work as intended on another browser, that's why we would need to know what you are using. It is also possible that it works properly on different resolutions or window sizes.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 10:22:31 pm »

Dude, what a cop-out. Bad UI is bad UI.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 10:57:15 am »

Dude, what a cop-out. Bad UI is bad UI.

Not a cop out. How the site renders is based on the browser, need to know the user agent to implement a fix. I doubt Jason runs every browser and version to test against.

jason

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 09:34:59 pm »
Thank you for the additional feedback, proskier! This could also be improved. Sorry I still haven't quite squashed the original bug yet either.

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 01:17:11 am »
Not a cop out. How the site renders is based on the browser, need to know the user agent to implement a fix. I doubt Jason runs every browser and version to test against.

So I tried with Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Edge (yuck!), and I can confirm that it happens on all four of those browsers. Granted, I'll be upfront and admit that it is indeed a dexterity issue, but the dropdown menu does close when the cursor is/goes within the gap.

Could it be possible to make the "More Lists" dropdown menu behave like the search bar where it stays active even when the user moves the cursor away and closes upon clicking outside its area? Seems like a good compromise, I think.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 12:29:13 am »
Thank you for the additional feedback, proskier! This could also be improved. Sorry I still haven't quite squashed the original bug yet either.

Thanks for all of your hard work.  Can't wait till the "item page" > "your stuff" > "collection" > "edit button" bug is fixed.  I used that constantly.