Author Topic: Take Better Care Of Your Windows OS's  (Read 1257 times)

Take Better Care Of Your Windows OS's
« on: December 04, 2023, 04:00:17 pm »
Disk cleanup actually when ran as admin can actually be set to remove malware that sometime your WIN DEF automatically finds without telling you it finds some, also a CCleaner is good, but it can be hacked also and used for bad purposes, but turn off the updates for it ok? CCleaner is a free registry cleaner that fixes malware even better than window defender or even the firewall programs or app out there. Ok you can also run CHKDSK on your hard drive to fix error caused by some malware ok? you can run a CMD command prompt to with admin and type "netstat" to see everyone's hidden VPN IP addresses who has access to your PC on windows, but I don't use PowerShell.

ok? you can also run a defragment on that old hard drive or hardrives in those computers, but NOT OFTEN because Microsoft usually does that for you unless you stop the service or caked in, yup malware on your PC. Make sure your darn start menu is always visible otherwise IT WILL stay hidden. yea highway to hell huh? well take care of your computer and it will take better care of you good day all. Oh yea run a full defender scan once in a while and a manual quick scan and enable "ransomware" protection on window 10 ok, on every single folder and file that you care about that is NOT the OS folder, not done chewing yet,

Restart the PC once in a while and use EmptyStandbyList if you can find it still. to free up RAM automatically without requiring the restart the darn PC every hour ok? not done, that will confuse people but not Microsoft and that is a good thing now is it not? because Microsoft usually is there to help you, talk to them and not Cortona because she is a darn machine that does not know what to say most times ok? Dust those insides once in a while to prevent damage around the CORES of the Processor, ok? not done chewing, ok. take that thing in for repairs and usually the WIFI is the most sensitive thing on that computer or device???

A WIFI chip is good for reading a long range WIFI in a Cassle or a mansion, like BILL GATES is supposed to have right??? BUT it can be hacked easier than an often-cheaper WIFI cube. FIX THAT USB otherwise you will have problems with connection speed and proformance too. OK Update those drivers and reset them sometimes after a severe malware infection the PC, ok? roll back sometimes but then UPDATE, I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL SO any help on this thread is greatly appreciated.

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Take Better Care Of Your Windows OS's
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 04:11:27 pm »
open command prompt with admin and type in  "sfc scannow" into the prompt with the keyboard then that is SUPPOSE TO also fix the key ingredients to the OS main profile but it can also act up so then reset windows sometimes if the #((#(# hits the fans or the software #@@ his that fan ok???
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 11:30:07 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 04:18:24 pm »
I never run disk cleanup. This was more of something you'd use in NT4 and older OS or any active system with a small disk. There is usually no reason to use it on a modern system. That being said, TMP files in their various locations are not always accesible in Session 1 by the user, and presumably Disk Cleanup does have the ability to clear those... however I have not tested on whether or not it actually will delete those or not.

CCleaner should be avoided. It had a good rep years ago in the x86 days but even back then it still would damage installations and/or the OS itself. There is no real reason to use it that I am aware of and most people recommend against it.

You only need to run Disk Defrag on spindle disks in XP era and older OS.

Restarting the PC to free up memory is also something you needed to do in XP and older OS and not in later. Partially the issues there involved poorly written programs with memory leaks and limited RAM allocated to system in x86. Optimize memory consumption by reducing footprint. If you system gets slow and unusable after a day of using it, then you should adjust your usage of the computer. My main Windows 7 x86 computer runs 24/7 if I can help it, power outages not withstanding. It has been running without a restart for a few months now, the longest streak it had was 3 years.

WLAN can be unreliable as it depends on environmental factors. I hardwire systems for internet if possible and only use WLAN for phones and tablets. But I also have done a site survey of my location and the dense urban enviornment does not give a lot of leeway for wireless channel usage, even though the building does not cause any sort of issue.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 04:22:19 pm »
Clean up your hard drive admin because you are an administrator to this site and people usually attack that chief admin all the time on the forums don't, they?

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 05:08:45 pm »
DID I mention you can sometimes install a new video game if you have more space in your hardrives people ;D

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 07:47:25 pm »
Microsoft I sense need to read their event logs more often, because I sense someone is trying to creep into them again.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 03:07:58 pm »
The more power you have online the more people will mess with your stuff, most of you know me from Facebook now.

ALSO don't ever bring out computer offline unless you need to repair them, I DID AND WAS HACKED many times for it ok?

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 11:51:53 am »
I did not tell you everything there is to know about taking better care of any Operation System including Windows, if anyone would like to contibute toward this idea of saving your PC's and Laptops or even your cell phones or tablets any help is necessary.

and keep windows updates turned on, windows OS does mess up sometimes usually because of a hacked video game somewhere on your hard drives or something temporary inside the %temp% folder.

NO APPS NEEDED

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 12:05:34 pm »
In a modern OS, people won't really have the ability to disable updates because they are primarily handled by a Security Context in the Task Scheduler. This is the portion of Task Scheduler that is hidden because a User account (even in Administrators group) does not have the Read permission on those tasks. The only real way of preventing Windows Updates to be installed is to block the URLs at the firewall.

Windows Updates should not be just installed because they exist, unless you are in Fast Ring. The vast majority of them are not even applicable to a home user. Anyone in the Enterprise space should have the updates verified before allowed. For a home user, updates should be installed as-needed and Windows Update is the primary source of excess bloat which increases the overhead and decreases the performance of the operating system.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 02:14:51 pm »
In a modern OS, people won't really have the ability to disable updates because they are primarily handled by a Security Context in the Task Scheduler. This is the portion of Task Scheduler that is hidden because a User account (even in Administrators group) does not have the Read permission on those tasks. The only real way of preventing Windows Updates to be installed is to block the URLs at the firewall.

Windows Updates should not be just installed because they exist, unless you are in Fast Ring. The vast majority of them are not even applicable to a home user. Anyone in the Enterprise space should have the updates verified before allowed. For a home user, updates should be installed as-needed and Windows Update is the primary source of excess bloat which increases the overhead and decreases the performance of the operating system.

exactly what them larger hard drives are for these days yup, I told you guys and the admin just reminded all of us to save room for Windows updates I knew I forgot to tell the world something::)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 02:33:14 pm »
Windows is a little glitchy these days but, if you run a server and do not have any more room you could always add another hard drive IF you got enough power from that power supply. ;)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2023, 02:40:29 am »
speaking of computers yea your car or the truck also sometimes has a computer that gets hacked too, and the car or truck will not start no matter what, so then 99.9% of the time when my own moms SUV would not start I would push the "text" button on the dash board and then the SUV starts right up, sounds strange but yea, happed twice to my mom already while I was in her car.

NO APPS NEEDED