Author Topic: Everdrive...  (Read 1926 times)

Everdrive...
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:14 pm »
How many of you guys own/use one? I plan on getting one for each of my consoles as they come out.

KRIKzz is currently working on a Turbo Everdrive for the TG16/PCEngine. I'm excited!!

jcalder8

Re: Everdrive...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:05:07 pm »
I've never used one. I have thought about it but for me it would take the fun out of collecting. The reason I buy games is so that I can play them, if I could play them all anyway then I would have no reason to buy them, this happened to me while burning games for the Dreamcast.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »
I'm glad this is not the case for me or else emulation would have ruined all collecting.

ffxik

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:45 am »
I run emulators just to give my hardware a break.   :-[

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:14 am »
I like to have as authentic an experience as possible, that's why I went with a Everdrive. Nothing beats the real hardware.
I also have way too many games to sift through and it gives them all a break. I only keep the games I own on the cart.

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:08 am »
I like to have as authentic an experience as possible, that's why I went with a Everdrive. Nothing beats the real hardware.
I also have way too many games to sift through and it gives them all a break. I only keep the games I own on the cart.
I never thought of doing this. I am going to have to consider doing it but I'll probably never update it.

soera

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »
What exactly is an Everdrive? When I first read the topic I was thinking Megadrive as in the JP version of the Genesis.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 03:55:41 pm »
What exactly is an Everdrive? When I first read the topic I was thinking Megadrive as in the JP version of the Genesis.

Its a flash cart that will play roms from a SD card. The compatibility is almost 100% outside of anything that required a special chip/co-processor on board.

http://krikzz.com/

soera

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:30:57 pm »
They sound interesting. I may check into this!

Hrmm, I dont see one for NES.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »
No nes cart yet...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 11:24:04 am »
Check out RetroUSB.com
They have something called a Power Pak that is just what you're looking for

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 12:20:02 pm »
Check out RetroUSB.com
They have something called a Power Pak that is just what you're looking for
Only issues I have with the Powerpack are the fact it uses compact flash cards instead of SD and Castlevania III doesn't work (at this time). also I don't think it sorts the game list alphabetically.

Compatibility for Power Pack here:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=28507
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:22:59 pm by pceslayer »

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 04:15:55 am »

So do I.  Cartridge based systems I don't worry about too much.  As long as you take care of them and the games they will last a while.  I should have stated I use the emus for my disc based hardware.  Those aren't nearly as reliable as we all know.  So now that I have amended that I'm going to shut up, becuase upon further inspection I'm not adding to the conversation.