Author Topic: Dreamcast game problem  (Read 1048 times)

ffxik

Dreamcast game problem
« on: May 26, 2012, 10:08:37 pm »
Out of my small collection of DC titles.  I have problems with one in particular.  Evolution: World of Sacred Device.  It is the only one that when put into the system it either will not read or when it does play it gets to a random point in the game and crashes.  It could be right after the blue Sega logo, or transitioning between fields.  Just whenever it feels like it.  It happens with both copies.  Anyone got any ideas.

I really like this game but to be honest I'll never finish it at this rate.

Re: Dreamcast game problem
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »
Have you tried it in a different Dreamcast?

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 11:12:52 pm »
No.  I'm the only one in town with one.  I could borrow my in-laws they have one that they bought, played maybe twice then boxed up.  It's just getting there to ask lol.

Edit: You can add Chronicles of Pern: Dragon Riders and Shenmue (sometimes) to that too.
It's probably the eye.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 02:05:36 am by ffxik »

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:56:13 pm »
I'm sure you have done this already, but try cleaning the lens with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol or windex.

ffxik

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 03:04:34 am »
I'm sure you have done this already, but try cleaning the lens with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol or windex.

Not recently, actually.

Edit: I borrowed my in-laws console.  All games booted up first try, with the exception of Dragon Riders.  Which has a nasty scratch on it.  It was so deep that when I had it resurfaced it didn't come completely out.  So I'll buy a new pickup, a copy of the aforementioned game, and that should by all accounts do it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:44:49 am by ffxik »