Author Topic: how difficult is this mod to do  (Read 1142 times)

htimreimer

how difficult is this mod to do
« on: May 31, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:45:05 pm by htimreimer »

dstone

PRO Supporter

Re: how difficult is this mod to do
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »
Well, they walk you through how to do it, so it would really depend on your skill level. Ever use a soldering iron before? If not, it might be a little tough. You could practice on other small-scale projects or junk consoles until you feel comfortable enough to tackle the upgrade without worrying about frying your good console.

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:39:35 am »
Well, they walk you through how to do it, so it would really depend on your skill level. Ever use a soldering iron before? If not, it might be a little tough. You could practice on other small-scale projects or junk consoles until you feel comfortable enough to tackle the upgrade without worrying about frying your good console.
i have basic soldering skills but i haven't solder for about 2 or 3 years 

killerchameleon

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:05:27 am »
Very easy mod to do a no brainer, I have converted most of my vintage console over.  My last attempt to was on a Atari 2600 jr and while testing it I dropped the board, landed on the metal heat shield and ended up burning out the video.  Nice thing is that their cheap I just picked up another one do it again.  Hopefully I wont fumble the board and drop it again.

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:34:33 pm »
Very easy mod to do a no brainer, I have converted most of my vintage console over.  My last attempt to was on a Atari 2600 jr and while testing it I dropped the board, landed on the metal heat shield and ended up burning out the video.  Nice thing is that their cheap I just picked up another one do it again.  Hopefully I wont fumble the board and drop it again.
thats good now i just have get a new soldering iron because i am scared to use my grampas soldering iron