Author Topic: Who knows what this is worth?  (Read 3044 times)

Who knows what this is worth?
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:16:30 am »
Hey all -

found this at a garage sale, filled with some classic NES games and booklets. Also came with a mint NES. Truth is, I bought this for the chest - seller said it was a bundled sale - and I just cannot find this anywhere.

Any info - such as what the official name of this thing is - would be appreciated. Mainly bought it because of the Nintendo logo in lower right. And it was a good deal - one of the games inside was Sqoon!

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

soera

Re: Who knows what this is worth?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:36:34 am »
Thing looks cool. What all games did you get? :)

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 05:24:48 am »
I've seen a lot of different nintendo branded storage over the years, this is one of the best.  I'm thinking this is worth about $40 for just the storage piece.  Congrats on the pick-up!  I'm not sure of the official name but yours is much better condition than most.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:28:14 am by varkias »

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »
I got one off of ebay in great condition for $5 plus shipping about a year ago. :)
I'd say that $40 is a good retail price on it. I'd like to know what it's officially called too.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 06:39:21 pm »
Thing looks cool. What all games did you get? :)

Well, this is what I got in my bundled sale for $40

-Nintendo Game Chest / Drawer thing pictured above (thank you for replys everyone)
-Mint NES, complete with zapper gun
-RadRacer
-Super Mario 2
-Super Mario 3
-Operation Wolf
-Sqoon
-Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (AVGN anyone?)
-Mega Man 3
-Top Gun (AVGN, again lol)
-Bart vs the Space Mutants
-Slalom
-Win Lose or Draw (best cover for a game, imo)
-RoboWarrior
-Another copy of Super Mario 3
-Spy Hunter
-Pro Wrestling
-Ice Hockey
-Mario/Duck Hunt Combo
-Jaleco
-Double Dragon
-Defender
-T&C Surf
-Pro Wrestling

Also, every game came with Nintendo sleeve and instruction booklet. Everything is open for trade if anyone is interested. I collect a lot of SNES, PS1 black label games. See my collection to see what I'm into.

Also got some sort of joystiq thing that looks like it is for a flight game and these awesome controllers, complete:

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:54:46 pm »
-Jaleco

You should look at what the game actually is. It might be Bases Loaded or City Connection or various other Jaleco games :P

madmax

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »
Wow all of that for $40? Great deal.

Yeah I would tend to agree with the others and $40-50 for the storage unit seems about right. Honestly I would keep it though, it seems really practical and it's in such great condition. It's a really nice piece for a collection.

scott

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 07:07:58 pm »
I would also hold on to it. It's got a nice little storage drawer and you can keep all of your most played NES games in it for easy access. I had a buddy who had that same unit when we were growing up, always thought it was super cool (my game case at the time was a large Eggo waffle box, so I was slightly jealous).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 07:08:39 pm »
-Jaleco

You should look at what the game actually is. It might be Bases Loaded or City Connection or various other Jaleco games :P

You are 100% right, it is Bases Loaded lol Great game!  :D

@Mad Max,

Yes, I'm thinking about keeping the whole thing, too. I have 2 NES in the basement, but they both don't work. I also have like no games for the system, so this is a great starter kit. While I LOVE NES, my heart belongs to SNES and PS1, more SNES than PS1. I may keep it, but this is def tradable to me.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 07:20:26 pm »
There is one minor thing wrong with this and now I'm looking for advice to repair. It isn't bad now, but I can see it becoming a problem with prolonged use.

There is a piece of plastic broken from the bottom tray. I put a blue post it behind it so you can better see it. I was thinking super glue? Thoughts?

soera

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »
Im jealous of those sleeves! :P

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »
(my game case at the time was a large Eggo waffle box, so I was slightly jealous).

That is both sad and so so adorable.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
(my game case at the time was a large Eggo waffle box, so I was slightly jealous).

That is both sad and so so adorable.

I kind of wish I still had that box, along with my original games.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 11:25:42 pm »
For the repair it looks like there's an actual piece of plastic missing :/
I think you'll have to be careful, I don't see a clean way of fixing it unless you find similar plastic, cut it into the same shape and glue it there but that would be a messy job.

soera

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 11:36:21 pm »
If it were me (I cant believe Im going to recommend this) but I would leave that sleeve in the spot and sort of attach it to the plastic. Trying to fit a piece of plastic in there would be tough. The sleeve, however, has plenty of room for glue and if you do it nice enough, it would fit well with the case itself.