Author Topic: no final fantasy vii remake for a long time  (Read 1105 times)

htimreimer

no final fantasy vii remake for a long time
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:54:26 am »
According to Andrisang, CEO Yoichi Wada explained during the company's annual shareholder meeting that it would not remake the legendary RPG until it makes a brand new Final Fantasy game that "exceeds the quality" of Final Fantasy VII.: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake   
so what do you think

foxhack

Re: no final fantasy vii remake for a long time
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:41:23 pm »
They already did.

It was the Final Fantasy VI remake on the GBA.

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:43:57 pm »
They already did.

a remake on ps3 or xbox

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »
They already did.

I LOL'd. Thanks for that.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »
They already did.

I think they mean a wholly new game... But, then again, that also already happened. FFIX was definitely better than VII, and I happened to enjoy X more than VII as well (yeah, blasphemy, I know).

soera

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:19:38 pm »
I dont know what the deal is with remakes lately. A lot of the people on one of the DQ forums I visit have been pushing for a DW VII remake. It just seems pointless. Id so much rather see a new game or at least a copy of a game that has yet to be released here than a remake of something thats already available in the US such as some of the Ys games or some of the other FF/DQ games.

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 03:26:16 pm »
I dont know what the deal is with remakes lately. A lot of the people on one of the DQ forums I visit have been pushing for a DW VII remake. It just seems pointless. Id so much rather see a new game or at least a copy of a game that has yet to be released here than a remake of something thats already available in the US such as some of the Ys games or some of the other FF/DQ games.

My feelings in a nutshell.  Every time, in SE's case when they re re re-release a game it looks to me that they have no ideas except milk dry their fan base.

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »
looks to me that they have no ideas except milk dry their fan base.
kind of like halo 4

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:05:11 pm »
My feelings in a nutshell.  Every time, in SE's case when they re re re-release a game it looks to me that they have no ideas except milk dry their fan base.

I generally agree. However, a few of them have been done really, really well. For example (I know I've used this one before, sorry), Shadow of the Colossus added 3D in the HD remake, and it is by far the best 3D experience I've had for any console.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."