Author Topic: Price/Rarity Check: Final Fantasy XI BETA - PC  (Read 4028 times)

matt

Price/Rarity Check: Final Fantasy XI BETA - PC
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:11 pm »
Here is something I got a GameStop manager conferance many years ago. It's a sealed copy of Final Fantasy XI BETA for PC. I've done a bit of research and haven't really seen any others out there. Has anyone ever seen this before? I know it'll be hard to place a value on it but it's a unique item so I thought I'd share.

scott

Re: Price/Rarity Check: Final Fantasy XI BETA - PC
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:04:45 am »
I know I've only ever seen this at your place. Any searched I've done haven't turned up anything either.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:14:48 pm »
I've never seen this either, and all the searching I did only found me a sealed copy of the PS2 beta, which I didn't find a price for either (it was a random post in a forum).
Not sure how much of a market there would be for this though, despite it being a fairly unique item. Finding a proper value for it would be really hard since there's really nothing to compare it to.

madmax

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 08:41:09 pm »
Dear god I want that :o

I've actually never seen one like it before. It's sealed you say? What condition is it in? Top left corner, what's going on there?
I've only found a sealed PS2 copy like above with no price. A few have sold on Ebay in 2007 it seems but those aren't archived so no chance of getting the price.

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 12:41:26 pm »
It's sealed but the box does have a few dings, as you can see in the photo. I'll try to take a better pic tonight and post it. I'll gladly accept offers on it.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 06:22:41 pm »
Oh man... This post reminded me that I totally had the PS2 beta, but after getting frustrated with trying to play that game on a dial-up connection, I can see my 12-year old self tossing it in the garbage...  Argh.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 06:25:19 pm »
Oh man... This post reminded me that I totally had the PS2 beta, but after getting frustrated with trying to play that game on a dial-up connection, I can see my 12-year old self tossing it in the garbage...  Argh.

I played that game on Dail-Up every night.... until the 1st major patch. Then I had to quit until I could talk the folks into high speed and how it was the "wave of the future". Bullshit sales pitch, only took a month to pull off then it was years of FFXI after that.... until WoW stole my soul.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread