Author Topic: Android Developers?  (Read 11472 times)

matt

Android Developers?
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:39:05 pm »
Just an open call to see if we have any Android devs out in the community? Let me know!

Re: Android Developers?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 12:10:41 pm »
I've been trying to learn, but unfortunately at this time I am not that good.

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 01:50:35 am »
I played around with developing for Android a little while back, I have a degree in programming just haven't really used it much lately. I'd love to help though, the site is great!

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 04:17:52 am »
I keep meaning to learn Android/Java/programming in general. About the most I've done is a batch file here and a bit of editing to PHP/Python to make things work for me. One day..

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:56:12 am »
I have some basics on android programming and i'm still improving my skills on my university. If You need any help let me know, i can help. By the way, this is great site. Greetings from Poland!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:03:27 am by thaddy »

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »
I have some basics on android programming and i'm still improving my skills on my university. If You need any help let me know, i can help. By the way, this is great site. Greetings from Poland!

Thanks! I want to just open source the app and get it up on github I simply just don't have the time right now to manage it. Hopefully I'll make some progress on that soon.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 04:57:56 pm »
Ok, I will be happy to help.

matt

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 11:44:38 am »
Ok, I will be happy to help.

Do you have any experience working with git/github? The main issue that I'm dealing with it that I don't want to expose some of the server side API that I've written for VGC. I think with little effort I could rewrite some of it to store the API key in a file and just add it to .gitignore. I'd also need to create a few keys for developers to use.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:39:42 am »
I haven't worked with git, so I can't help you with that. I worked only with svn.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 11:41:32 am »
I have a buddy who dabbles into android if you are still looking for someone to help with the code.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 11:21:34 am »
Matt, I am a software developer who has been using the site and app for a while.  Finally got tired of waiting for updates and found the forum.

I would be happy to take a look at the code and try to update and fix things.

matt

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 02:03:13 pm »
Matt, I am a software developer who has been using the site and app for a while.  Finally got tired of waiting for updates and found the forum.

I would be happy to take a look at the code and try to update and fix things.

Hey - shoot me a message over at matt@vgcollect.com. If you've got Android experience I can send you an updated apk and give you access to the repo.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 05:27:26 pm »
Sent you an email.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 04:01:39 pm »
Hi, I'm a junior app developer. I'm familiar with Windows Phone, Windows Store and Android. If you need any help on a subject about Git or Android then I can happily help you out. If you want to open source the app that'd be great too. As it would open up opportunities to develop for other platforms as well. If you want an example of my work, here's an app I've made with two friends of mine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.ana.nmct.multimania&ah=x2VF3LA-5S02ImMlV5LGyzX9o1o

I can't promise I'll be available instantly or at all times but I would be able to squeeze some time out of my schedule to help you guys out!

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 05:59:31 pm »
Do you have any experience working with git/github? The main issue that I'm dealing with it that I don't want to expose some of the server side API that I've written for VGC. I think with little effort I could rewrite some of it to store the API key in a file and just add it to .gitignore. I'd also need to create a few keys for developers to use.

Security through obscurity isn't a thing.  If it's just an API key you're hiding, someone could easily sniff that.  :-)