Author Topic: Anime fans...  (Read 787 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Anime fans...
« on: July 21, 2012, 03:56:30 pm »
More specifically, those here who are fans of/knowledgeable about the series & their on-going stories when it comes to BLEACH and FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST...

It would be even *more* helpful if you're also a fan of RPG's & SRPG's -and- have played the games in question.

Here's the deal.
I've never watched or kept up with either of these anime series, so, right from the start...I don't even know if they're considered as "good" or "bad" animes.

Next, I *really* like RPG's...and I love them all the more when they're "Turn-Based" and/or "SRPG's".

Now, today, I just found a game for the NA/DS called:

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: DUAL SYMPATHY.

It was *VERY* cheap & it was labeled as an "Action-RPG".

Yesterday, I came across another DS/NA game that I've heard mentioned as being "decent -but- very hard to find/get ahold of".
This one was tagged as an "SRPG" and ~ $5.00...so, that in itself sold me on the game.

This second game is called:

BLEACH: THE 3RD PHANTOM.

Now, I've seen quite a few other "Bleach" games in local GS stores -but- none of them were RPG's/SRPG's.

So, if there's anything that any of you can tell me about the games & series - I'm all ears :)

*PARTICULARLY*

Are either of these games likely to be fun & enjoyable to non-fans of their respective series -OR- are they strictly going to appeal to long-time fans, in a Fan-Service-y kind of way???

Thanks in advance for any & all help & info!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ffxik

Re: Anime fans...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:00:00 am »
Wouldn't you know it I am a fan of both of those anime, and of RPG's in general.  As far as it goes I think as long as the game is well written and a side story you should be able to enjoy it.  Even so they tend to reference the source material to get the fans of the series.  Most of the Bleach games I have seen have been fighting games.  Fullmetal, if it's anything like the PS2 games, Broken Angel, and Curse of the Crimson Elixer.  Broken Angel was an original story but leaned heavily on the players knowledge of the anime series when it came to supporting characters.  Curse of the Crimson Elixer, went pretty much hand in hand with the series at that time.  Since I haven't heard of the DS version I would bet it's centered more on the Re-release of the series Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. 

Although the two PS2 Fullmetal games are Action/RPG too, they pretty much nothing more than a beat'em up with a tacked on leveling system.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:05:59 am by ffxik »

scott

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:27:57 am »
Dual Sympathy came out a long time ago, 06 or early 07, I believe. The story centers around the story of the 1st anime release and supposedly covers all 51 episodes of it. Though I never finished it, so I can't tell you how close it follows in the later sections, but the beginning through to Lab 5 (where I left off) seems pretty close.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 02:47:10 pm »
Thanks

ffxik
and
scott!!!

Did either one of you ever hear anything about/play that other game that I mentioned -

the "Bleach" SRPG called:

Bleach: The 3rd Phantom?

As I'm sure is obvious, I'm not in the least bit knowledgeable about/following any animes.

However, *ONE* of the few animes that I actually *DO* own and that I've actually watched & enjoyed (other than my DISGAEA animes) is the one w/ like 5 discs packed into one big DVD case called:

BERSERK - with some main character named (IIRC), "Guts" (or something like that:)

Are either of you guys familiar with and/or like this anime?

I believe that I remember there being some game releases (...for the...PS-2(?)); IIRC; that were based on this Berserk anime...Anyone here play them, like them, and/or know anything about them?

Thanks again, guys  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 04:06:52 pm »
I got mine for $8 so I don't mind it all that much. Used it once wasn't a bad experience but not enough to keep me entertained. Don't like the idea of cloud game don't even like dlc but I do buy it just hate it lol