Author Topic: Rarest Atari cart up for auction right now  (Read 1770 times)

blipcs76

Rarest Atari cart up for auction right now
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:01:29 pm »
According to this exclusive auction at GameGavel.com, they currently have what they claim is the rarest Atari game (possibly any game) in existence, Red Sea Crossing.  It's the only known copy to ever surface.
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000666667

Do you think this game is as rare and valuable as this auction claims?  If so, does it have the notoriety of other rare games like Stadium Events or Nintendo World Championship that could push this auction to insane prices?

topspot123

Re: Rarest Atari cart up for auction right now
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 04:55:26 pm »
I haven't been keeping up on it, but this may not be the only known copy.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/21/rare-atari-2600-game-red-sea-crossing-pops-up-in-philly-shop/

blipcs76

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »
Interesting that as soon as the previously only known copy goes to auction, another copy surfaces.

Regardless, the copy on GameGavel is already over $5000.  This should be a fun ride.

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 06:13:07 pm »
I doubt the price will reach the level of Air Raid, but I would not be surprised if this one sells for close to 10,000.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »
I am SO glad that I don't collect 2600 gamed!

atariboy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 07:11:06 pm »
I do remember this Game being tossed around at Atariage, It's always been a little suspicious to me, the person always claimed that they were not a collector just a reseller, so why hasn't it been sold after all these years? It very well could be ligit or the reserve could be so high that it won't be sold. who knows.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw