Author Topic: PC submission question  (Read 1914 times)

foxhack

PC submission question
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:15:56 pm »
Uh, hi.

Just wondering, how would I go about adding PC games that were released in various different formats? For example, the GOG.com versions of Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition and One Unit Whole Blood are different from their earlier boxed versions. Other games have had multiple budget releases (different artwork, different contents, or even publishers).

And then there's games like Half-Life 2 - which were released in boxes, while some of us bought the games on Steam. How would I add that?

matt

Re: PC submission question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:48 am »
All unique releases should have their own listings, which obviously can/will be a pain in the ass but we want to be as complete as possible.

Regarding Steam...I was just thinking about it earlier actually. Steam should probably listed separately. Let me think about this a bit and I'll get back to you.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:21:55 pm »
Steam could work as a subcategory of PC. There should probably be a special category for digitally distributed games in general as well.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 01:32:50 am »
Another question:

Some games on Steam include more than one game. For example, SiN Episodes: Emergence includes that game, and the original SiN (plus the multiplayer version of SiN.) You cannot purchase just one game, you get all three at the same time. ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/1300 ) Another one is Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, which includes that game and Counter-Strike Condition Zero Deleted Scenes. Both games show up as single entries on your library and your profile.

Do I add the single game (SiN Episodes Emergence and Counter-Strike Condition Zero, respectively) or all games? I personally wouldn't include any multiplayer-specific versions (like SiN Multiplayer), but would like to count both SiN and SiN Episodes Emergence.

scott

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 02:21:33 am »
For now, maybe just do the main game and then in the description list anything that is bundled with it?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:16:17 am »
Okay, just wanted to make sure. I've only added the main games, and not the bonuses. I'll edit the description in a while.

scott

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 12:29:56 pm »
k, I think that's prolly the best solution for the time being. Kinda like how you  would list Final Fantasy: Anthology as a single game, even though it's FFV & FFVI on 2 discs.

matt

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 07:51:18 pm »
I just added a new "Digital Download" pc category. For now this will help for listing any non-Steam or retail releases. If any of these services get huge we can break them out into their own category.

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:08 pm »
I just added a new "Digital Download" pc category. For now this will help for listing any non-Steam or retail releases. If any of these services get huge we can break them out into their own category.

Awesome! Thanks. Should I edit all the GOG.com entries I added so they're listed there, or can you do that yourselves? It'd be quicker if you guys did it - I assume you can approve your own submissions. :p

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 06:34:53 pm »
Bump.

I just added Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack ( http://vgcollect.com/item/17491 ) but someone else added the games separately, when you can only purchase them together as a bundle. Since we agreed that this was not the right thing to do... please remove these two entries:

http://vgcollect.com/item/17309
http://vgcollect.com/item/17310

scott

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 09:51:56 am »
Fixed.