Author Topic: Reproductions  (Read 1836 times)

godnightshade

Reproductions
« on: September 09, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »
Anyone dabble in making reproduction cartridges?

Re: Reproductions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:46:02 pm »
I don't, but I can recommend a ton of places that do.

There's also a really nice fairly inclusive thread over on the Nintendo Age forum that lists pretty much 95% of the better known repro makers out there. It's stickied in the Collector's forum.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »
What system are you looking for? I know some good contacts for NES and Genesis.

soera

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:41:53 pm »
Which games are you looking for? I want some repros myself soon. Destiny of an Emperor 2, Ys IV, original version of Final fantasy III (preferrably on the PS1 so I can put it with the other 8 FF games).

godnightshade

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 11:34:56 am »
I used to use Gamereproductions.com, but I put an order in 8 months ago and after several gentle reminders, still don't have my games. What I want to get a hold of are translated copies of the Downtown Nekketsu games on both NES and SNES. I know the SFC games have been translated for the most part, I just don't like playing on the emulator, never really have.

I have a SFC adapter, so I can play them in Japanese, I just don't want to.

The goal is to learn to do them myself, I just need to get the equipment to do so. And find some tutorials that aren't translated from an Eastern European language.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:44 pm »
What about the carts you can load roms on to? Forgive my lack of knowledge I've never used them.  It would let you play the translated games on the console.  Do they make one for SNES?

godnightshade

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 07:57:13 pm »
I'm not sure. I'd assume so, but I don't know much about those to know if they're any good or not. I've seen some for sale, but the prices were silly high. I know the process for making the reproductions will continue to get more expensive as the EPROMs get harder to find, so I suppose I should look into the loader cartridges.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 12:57:54 pm »
A flash cart is a hefty initial investment. But it sure beats the hell outta paying fifty bucks for someone to hack up a perfectly working game cartridge.

godnightshade

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 08:10:46 pm »
Yeah, but when that cartridge is something like Madden 95 that's been passed through dozens of hands, I don't feel bad. When it's Illusion of Gaia to get Secret of Mana 2 or Terranigma, I feel worse.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 03:34:25 am »
i used http://nesreproductions.com/ and i got to say they do awesome work! couldn't be happier
i sent them a copy of basewars and bo jacksons baseball and got a copy of earthbound zero and super marios bros 2 japan (aka lost levels) both with really nice labels. i spent $50 including shipping and all in all it took id say 5 weeks from the day i mailed him the carts to the day i got them.
fun stuff