Author Topic: The Comic-Con Super Thread  (Read 1301 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

The Comic-Con Super Thread
« on: July 21, 2020, 01:54:34 pm »
It seems hard to believe since nearly everything has been cancelled, but it's nearly upon us! Tomorrow (Wednesday) it begins and goes through Sunday. The big guns come out Thursday with Marvel and DC's panels.

This year it is completely interactive and free, due to COVID-19. I'm not sure exactly how it's all gonna work, but here's a link to the official website:

https://www.comic-con.org/

Supposedly there will still be full panels, previews, interviews, artist's alley, celebrities, a museum, even an exhibit floor to buy stuff. There will also be digital guides, and even free merchandise.

ComicTom has a YouTube rundown on what to expect, but he even he says he's not exactly sure how it will all go down. See it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTKonVZQ970

Feel free to keep the thread going and discuss any news or events happening throughout the week.

Re: The Comic-Con Super Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 02:34:51 pm »
I guess for stuff I'm interested in seeing, it would be the Marvel tv shows, something on the new Batman, if Disney is there, then I'd like to see something for The Mandalorian, and while initially I was hopeful for something from the new Godzilla, it doesn't seem like Legendary is planning to show anything off being that it got delayed till next year.  I'd absolutely love to get even a teaser right now with how far away it is.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 03:29:07 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:23:13 am »
Today at 10:00 (Pacific time) is the Star Trek Panel. And at 1:00 is the Marvel Disney+ Panel. Those are the ones I'm gonna be following, today.

Tomorrow are the main Marvel and DC Panels. (DC's is split into two days, both Friday and Saturday.)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 08:51:24 pm »
Any updates on the Disney+ panel?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 11:25:26 pm »
Any updates on the Disney+ panel?

I misunderstood. It was about a single Disney+ show called Marvel 616, which is going to be a documentary style show focusing on the history of Marvel. Sounds cool, though. I'll watch it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 02:28:57 pm »
DC Panel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rivX_5taAY

So the first day of the DC Comics panel was comic book news only. Pretty much just tidbits and interviews about upcoming storylines in various books. No movie, T.V., or video game news. But they do have another panel tomorrow, so maybe they are saving that stuff for then.

Still disappointed by the comic news, though. Mostly because we're supposed to be getting a new JSA book, and I heard nothing about that. Also because there was nothing about what's coming after Death Metal; or anything about Death Metal itself, for that matter. Mostly it was about Superman, Legion of Super-Heroes, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, a new Lois Lane book, and some new younger readers books.

I'm watching the Marvel panel, right now, that one is only a 1 time panel, see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBlwOO9IGiM&t=14s
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:32:06 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »
Marvel's Panel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBlwOO9IGiM

Same thing for Marvel's panel, just comics. No movie, T.V., or video game news.

I am interested in Empyre, now, when I wasn't before. And I'm pretty excited for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man stuff. Mark Bagley back on the book is fan-freaking-tastic news! My favorite Spider-Man artist, ever. And Green Goblin returning is exciting. Other than Symbiotes, Goblins are my favorite Spider-Man villains.

They also talked about Werewolf By Night and X-Men books, but I have little interest in those.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:54:34 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 12:02:05 pm »
Well, that was a lackluster Comic-Con. But then I guess we should be thankful we got anything at all with COVID-19 happening.

I finished the Day Two DC Panel and the Power Rangers panel, as well. And it was more of the same. Just comic book stuff. No movie, T.V., or video game news. And just what's coming in the next upcoming storylines.

Which as comic fans, we already have an idea of the next storyline because we have to pre-order 2 months ahead of release. Wish they would have at least went a little further down the line to see what's coming in the future like the next big event or the next creative teams they have coming, etc.

I'm gonna dig around and see if there was an IDW panel, I'm sure there was. Gonna probably watch that, too, just too what's on the horizon for Star Trek comics and what other licensed stuff they have coming.

Still better than this year's E3, though.