Author Topic: Wii U, who's getting it?  (Read 11528 times)

Re: Wii U, who's getting it?
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 10:47:15 pm »
I just saw 4 deluxe and probably 8 base systems at the Walmart I was just at. If only their layaway was til paid off, I would have snagged one.

Weren't you just preaching how you never buy launch day consoles?? See above....and above above.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

darko

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »
I almost feel the need to pick one up for resell (or as many as I can find)....but I wont....because I'm lazy.

soera

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2012, 11:34:03 pm »
I dont buy first release systems. But I know other people that want them.

psydswipe

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2012, 07:51:12 am »
I finally played a Wii U yesterday, but all I tried were a few Nintendo Land mini-games and they all bored me  :P I'm sure some must be fun and I very well could have played the worst ones (Yoshi's Fruit Kart, a ninja star throwing game, Octopus Dance, and Captain Falcon's racing game). The controller is larger than I anticipated, the screen is nice and big. Of course Nintendo Land doesn't look all that different than the Wii, I just didn't have time to look at the big budget games yet.

blipcs76

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2012, 10:03:00 am »
I've been reading some complaints about freezing issues and potentially bricking the WiiU during the 5GB update that's already out.

This is the reason I never buy first release systems. RROD, YLOD, etc ... just always something wrong when most systems are released.

It's not a problem with the system actually, it's a problem with the users turning the system off while it's updating.

Oh, and the update is 1.5GB, not 5 :p

Even still. I really am skeptical of first release systems. The bugs are almost never truely worked out til the system is in the hands of consumers. Eventually something is found out and they remake the system better. Usually with a price drop too. Win-win for me. Plus paired with the fact that there really isnt a single game out yet that appeals to me on it, I dont mind waiting.

Nintendo systems are usually pretty reliable; even the first batch.  I bought the Wii, Gamecube and DSi all on day 1 and none of them ever gave me the slightest problem.  On the flipside, I got a 360 in 2008 that was dead within two years.

lordmeatpie

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »

Nintendo systems are usually pretty reliable; even the first batch.

I concur!

Alot of NES pin connectors are still intact and functioning half decent.
Whose ever really had an issue with a SNES anyways?
N64s could be thrown from balconies.
GameCubes had stupid little discs, but Ive never heard any issues asides from the power supply (which can happen to any ps)
Wii's Ive also never heard any issues with unless you smash it around or put your disc in backwards.

Im excited for Wii U, but Id rather get a larger hard drive size when a newer model comes out and it's price drops.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

htimreimer

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2012, 12:53:13 am »

Wii's Ive also never heard any issues with unless you smash it around or put your disc in backwards.
my family got a wii in 2007 and in 2009 the cd drive died but other the that we have not gotten any issues with a nintendo console

blipcs76

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2012, 10:23:11 am »
Im excited for Wii U, but Id rather get a larger hard drive size when a newer model comes out and it's price drops.

I wouldn't expect a price drop on the Wii U any time soon unless Nintendo is in big trouble.  They're taking a loss on systems, which they've never done before, so with margins that narrow I'd be surprised if we see a price drop on it in the next two years or before the next PS/XBox are released.

Personally, I don't need a large HD since I rarely download games.  But if it were up to me I'd buy the $300 model and add an external HD; you can get a 500GB external from TigerDirect for $60, so for an extra $10 you can get over ten times as much storage.  The $349 model comes with only comes with a 32GB HD.

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2012, 10:15:08 pm »

I concur!

GameCubes had stupid little discs, but Ive never heard any issues asides from the power supply (which can happen to any ps)
Wii's I've also never heard any issues with unless you smash it around or put your disc in backwards.

I agree with everything except the NES. I have to wiggle games around sometimes to get them to work. Some do it some don't, but most have the problem

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 07:28:17 am »
Our house full of gamers have been enjoying the Mario U game quite a bit actually.  We have a lot of fun torturing eachother with the Wii U tablet while others are playing the game. (i.e. placing a "helper block" right above a cannon pipe, causing the person to hit the block and fall to their death)

vancha

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2012, 11:02:27 am »
Bought it and uite love it, only some small issues that will certainly be fixed in the future anyway :)

loading screens between applications are a bit to long and downloading an update takes to long :p

lordmeatpie

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2012, 12:48:39 am »

I concur!

Wii's I've also never heard any issues with unless you smash it around or put your disc in backwards.

I agree with everything except the NES. I have to wiggle games around sometimes to get them to work. Some do it some don't, but most have the problem

Yep exactly, super easy $10 fix. Nothing like Sony and Microsoft consoles haha
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2012, 08:54:03 am »
So I finally got a chance to set up and play my wii u last night. The first thing I did was video chat with my buddy for about an hour. ....could not be any simpler or clearer. Absolutely awesome. Then I hopped over and played some Nintendo Land. Seems like some fun little games to show off what the system is all about. So far I love it and I'm just really blown away by the controller. Will update more once I've played for an extended period.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

tpugmire

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 04:35:32 pm »
I went to visit my Mom and sister last weekend and was able to find a Wii U at the Walmart my sister works at, so I got her employee discount. I set it up yesterday and played around with it today before work. My only problem is that I'm using it on a SD TV, not HD and there is a lot of overscaling on my TV. I hadn't seen this mentioned before, but it's an issue.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »
Went to Walmart to pick up some Nyquil for the wife last night. Saw probably 10 white systems and another 4-5 black systems. All the "wont see it on the shelf til the middle of next year" hype was blown way out of proportion around here.