Author Topic: Wii U, who's getting it?  (Read 11562 times)

jobocan

Wii U, who's getting it?
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:53:04 am »
Yesterday was a big news day for Wii U, with the price and release date announced for the console (November 18th in the US), and a few other announcement including the mind-blowing announcement of Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive.
The cool thing about that announcement is that, amongst Sony, Microsoft and Sega, Nintendo is the only company that WANTED to publish that game at all, so that makes me really love Nintendo right now :P

So who's getting the console?
Here are the 2 bundles, for your information: http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

I was already planning on getting it, just because, but that Bayonetta announcement actually made me HYPED for it. And I see no reason to get the 300$ version when the 350$ version is a lot better for a relatively low price increase.

lordmeatpie

Re: Wii U, who's getting it?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:33:14 am »
Ill be getting it but not right away. Ill wait til one comes into the store I work at and buy it with my discount.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

scott

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:36:21 am »
I may get it and convert back to Nintendo. But it won't be at launch, hopefully they don't pull a Wii and end up backordered everywhere for 2 years.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:01:53 am »
I'm in.  I'm hoping to get one day 1.  If not, it will be as soon as I find one.

blipcs76

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:19:37 am »
I'm torn.  I really want one, but I have three nagging things stopping me from pulling the trigger:

- Money is tight right now.  Dropping $400+ (after taxes and a game) on a game console that's not much better than my 360 is a hard sell at this moment.
- Power.  I'm very concerned that the WiiU will not have the power it needs to get ports of AAA multi platform games on the next gen of XBox and PS hardware.
- Support.  Will support dry up once devs move on to the next generation?  I get the nagging feeling the WiiU will die on the vine like the Dreamcast did.

That being said, I do still really want one.  I've been a Nintendo fan since the 80's, rumors of the new Zelda game sound amazing and I really want to play Zombi U.  It's packed with awesome and fresh ideas in the genre, my favorite being that once you die, you come back as another character and must track down your previous character who is now a zombie and kill them to get your gear back.

blipcs76

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 09:20:39 am »
Then again, I bought the Wii on day 1.  I bought the Gamecube on day 1.  It's hard to not want to pick up the WiiU on day 1 as well. I have two months to scrape together the cash...

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:46:10 am »
 wait for the price drop next year and then get one

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:54 am »
I'm still not sure if I will be getting one right away.  I have not seen enough games yet to convince me to get one on day one. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 11:16:45 am »
day. freaking. one

i seriously cant wait!! 65 days to go
i've already put down $463.28 which covers the delux and mario U plus 13% tax. see you guys on miiverse

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 04:54:56 pm »
I can't wait to get one!!!  Once the price drops to about 100 and the games can be bought for around 10 dollars each.  So excited!

There is nothing that I have seen that makes me want one day 1.

soera

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 05:14:43 pm »
While I definitely want one, I never buy first day release systems.

jobocan

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 06:41:49 pm »
There is nothing that I have seen that makes me want one day 1.

Yeah, me neither. I'm just really really dumb :P ... I mean, I bought a Vita at launch, what other explanation could there be?

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »
I'm still waiting for an announcement for the localization of Dragon Quest X, if that happens I'll pick up 2 of them.

htimreimer

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 07:28:38 pm »
I can't wait to get one!!!  Once the price drops to about 100 and the games can be bought for around 10 dollars each.  So excited!

i dont think it will go down to $100 maybe 150 to 250 dollars

jcalder8

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 12:38:42 am »

i dont think it will go down to $100 maybe 150 to 250 dollars
I guarantee it will :)