Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89344 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #660 on: January 27, 2017, 12:34:20 pm »
$9.99...just $10 for this gem at the local comic shop today! Holy crap!

The cover is a little loose, but who cares at this price! This will look very nice displayed on top of my graphic novel shelf! (And yes, this is the original, oversized Treasury Edition!)

Nice.  :D

I always wanted that comic as a kid but I never realized back then that it was in Treasury format (which is about 4x the size of a normal comic book). I did eventually end up getting in a trade called Crossover Classics which also includes the 2nd Superman/Spider-Man pairing, Batman/Hulk and X-Men/Teen Titans.  :)

The 2nd Spider-Man/Superman is actually the better story of the two, even though it's worth far less. They team-up against Dr. Doom and Parasite.

« Reply #661 on: January 27, 2017, 09:32:29 pm »
Managed to add a bit more to my action figure collection:

What amazes me the most is that despite being 22 years old, the battery in that Q figure still works.

Flashback2012

« Reply #662 on: February 08, 2017, 01:54:13 pm »
Picked up a few more Blu-Ray special editions in the last few weeks...

Pinocchio (Walt Disney Signature Collection)(Target Storybook)
The Secret Life of Pets (Target Exclusive Gift set w/decals)
Justice League Dark (Target Exclusive Steelbook packaging)

« Reply #663 on: April 23, 2017, 02:39:14 am »
Once again (like every April and December) i visited an expo i like to call "The Paradise of OST" since there is a seller inside who sell a LOT of them at a very good price and once again i've come back with a few things in my bag (but sadly no OST from the .hack or Star Ocean series to complete my collection):

DVD
Street Fighter II (the new box for the full series from 1995, i didn't even know they finally released it)

OST
Arc the Lad Generation (OST)
Brain Powerd (OST 2)
Dragon Quest I-II (GAME-002)
Dragon Quest Swords (OST)
Onimusha Buraiden (OST)
Lost Universe (OST)
Lunar Songs 2 (it's from the Lunar Series and that is all i know since i'm not really familiar with it)
Sa.Ga (i don't read japanese but it seems to be a 2 CD compilation for the 3 first games)
Shadow Hearts ("near death experience", an arrange tracks from the three games)
Shadow Hearts From the New World (OST)
Tales of the Tempest (OST)

Everything seems to be new & sealed except for the Lost Universe OST.

tripredacus

« Reply #664 on: April 24, 2017, 10:41:17 am »
One of the other things I collect is electronics and movies. I'm not sure how many movies I have but I know I have near or over 1000 VHS for example. In recent months, there has been a lot of LaserDiscs popping up, I'm not sure why.

First it was a pawn shop I never been to before, and they had a bunch of them for $4 each. They also had 2 players and a Betamax which I am thinking of picking up at some point. I ended up getting these 4 LDs:

The LD player I had at the time was the Pioneer CLD-V2600 but without a remote. Recently I decided to make up a list of the tech products I want to get (eventually) and to start buying some of the things I needed, starting with the cheap stuff. The issue with the CLD-V2600 is that it is a single side play deck and the unit I had would continuously repeat sides. I knew I needed the remote, only to disable this function. I believe I had posted this before but since the CLD-V2600 is an industrial player, it has a remote that is unlike what you normally see with CE.

The timeline is weird here. I think it was 3 days prior to this remote coming in the mail, I went about and bought one of the LD players at the pawn shop. The Panasonic LX-H670 which supports both sides play. In the terms of LD players, I rank them as such:
1. Single side play
2. Both sides play/auto-reverse
3. Both sides play with AC3RF
4. LD/DVD combo

So I went from a #1 to a #2. I also picked up a "Ray Disc" player, which is one with component out that I have hooked up to my dedicated 4:3 setup. This BD player now also will perform DVD and VCD playback. The previous device was a DVD recorder, sans remote and has some weird quirks like always enabling subtitles.

And then just Saturday, someone posted an ad to Facebook for an estate sale advertising 1,500 Laserdiscs! I went on day two and got just over a dozen, with the highlights being these:

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #665 on: April 25, 2017, 04:32:33 pm »
World of Nintendo Figures: I added about five or six figures today.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2017, 11:35:22 am »
I picked up these 80s issues of Starlog for only $1 a piece, in great condition, at the legendary Cal's Books in Redding, CA yesterday!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:24:51 am by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #667 on: June 26, 2017, 02:40:07 pm »
Can you guys see the photo in my post above, now? I think I had to change some settings to make it viewable.

rayne315

« Reply #668 on: June 26, 2017, 04:35:44 pm »
no its still showing up as a blank photo for me.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #669 on: June 28, 2017, 12:25:23 am »
Okay, last try. I just used a different image hosting site. Hopefully you can see that 80s goodness, now.

Flashback2012

« Reply #670 on: June 28, 2017, 07:25:31 am »
Found 6 of the 9 Jack of Fables trade paperbacks in Half Price Books for $3 each. That's 6 or so issues for the price of what one single issue would have cost.  :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #671 on: March 21, 2018, 02:24:10 am »

Got my copies of Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 today! Loved both of these! I also added Captain America: Civil War to the Marvel collection (which was essentially Avengers 3, not sure why it was considered a standalone Cap movie).

I just need Doctor Strange and Ant-Man, now.

Remember when the Marvel Cinematic Universe was just 4 hero movies and The Avengers? Now it's almost like collecting comics to get all the Marvel flicks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:27:10 am by burningdoom »