Author Topic: How Do You Feel About The High Physical Demand For Game Collecting?  (Read 1766 times)

sworddude

Re: How Do You Feel About The High Physical Demand For Game Collecting?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 06:51:05 pm »
I lost all interest in video game collecting, the demand is too high, and some people are grabbing whatever they can before it's gone completely, I knew the day would come, and there is noting I can do about it. I am kind of of uneasy knowing that I probably will never find retro deals ever again, and if my favorite games or retro consoles wear out, it does not look like I'd be able to replace them, unless I wanted to pay $1000 or more for a replacement, and modern consoles don't have a lot of the retro games.

I just hope that I won't be force to pirate games in order to play them. console games are apparently just rental now being online and everything

(edit) the video game crash as far as I'm concerned

Just buy some modern era compilation games than for the more pricy stuff you don't need the og

Besides weren't you interested in older racing/ sports and WW II and FPS games you seem to have fond memories of those I'm pretty sure you'll always find good retro deals with those kinda games.

yes I like older racing video games and I even have some I never even played yet, I already have most of everything I want, but I am putting more in music now since I never know when it will become digital only, in which might mean less quality sound, I spend most of my days listening to music anyway, it just bothers me that if I ever lose part or any of my current collection due to wear I may not be able to play those games again.

if you own the game your allowed to make a backup or use roms of said game legally. if your that worried about it breaking sometime in the future.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2021, 08:53:01 pm »
if you own the game your allowed to make a backup or use roms of said game legally. if your that worried about it breaking sometime in the future.

back in  the year (2013) yes

but I read later on that the use of bootleg ROM's has been confirmed illegal at a later time sometime after 2013, especially Nintendo's ROM's. it just depends on what you read, I'll get ROM's only if I am desperate but other than that no. Sometimes, the ROM is not the same exact game, it can have changes to it just like any pirated software can have. Also there is a risk involved, because some of the people trip some of the games with malware, in my experience.

I predict that there will be a massive software piracy hammer soon, since the damn modern gaming industry wants to have complete control, is this legal, well according to the copyright law what the modern gaming industry is doing is legal, but yet again according to the consumer rights what they are doing IS against the law.

Copyright law gives the gaming industry the right to take all the games you buy from them legally but consumer right at least in the US claims that they can't so we'll see, it going to come down to a peeing contest, between consumer rights and copyright laws worldwide
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:10:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2021, 09:26:51 pm »
@Oldgamerz:

Like you mentioned, except for the Nintendo Switch, and maybe the Vita, physical games have been dead since 2014. They died with the PS3/360/WiiU and handhelds. Since the Xbone/PS4 they've been nothing more than license keys. Of the probably 30-40 Xbox One games I have probably 3-4 actually contain the whole game, or are at least playable without the day one patch.

We keep talking about physical media as if it's still around, but it's been dead for awhile now. We've just been buying physical license keys.

After this generation I will be completely digital; meaning I'll be focusing solely on collecting vintage software and hardware.

The prices have put  halt on my retro collecting, but my modern collecting has seen a boon (especially Xbox, got a series X and I can't help myself). There's so many last gen games that are in the teens. I made out like a king with the latest memorial day Gamestop sale (between the sale and my points from doing surveys I don't know how that place makes any money at all... though I guess they're not...).

With Retro/vintage stuff I have most of the low hanging fruit I've wanted, everything now are whales and grails (so to speak). Saving for the MUSHA and TurboGrafx library, Sega CD/32X. Its all stuff that's been ridiculously expensive for a awhile, so there's no rush.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2021, 09:51:46 pm »
I just don't think it's fair to the people that will never see those games in their lifetime, the gaming industry's greed has eliminated  the whole purpose of buying newer generations a video game gift for Christmas or birthday, and some people are not even getting a chance to play there purchased games. because of those newer consoles

All that past work is just being tossed into a garbage can.

The modern gaming industry it seems seems to want to wipe the past clean out of existence and create newer projects that are not even going to last in the future.

I am more concerned about the games, then the developers because, all that work will just be wasted.

the movie industry is still selling hard copies and so is the music industry, why can't the gaming industry?
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"