Author Topic: Hello/Suggestion  (Read 1016 times)

ko1ru

Hello/Suggestion
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:13:41 pm »
Hello, I'm fairly new to this site (love it, by the way!) and have just begun listing items in my collection.

I don't know if it's been suggested before, but why not allow a bit of a blurb underneath our names (around the "badge" area) to include a small amount of information about our collections, ourselves, etc.  For instance, I'd love to include a sentence or two explaining that my collection is shared between myself and my significant other.  Those who'd like to include a website or location could find this handy as well. 

Cheers!

jcalder8

Re: Hello/Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 02:12:52 am »
Welcome to the site!

I know this has been talked about before but I can't recall what the outcome of it was as to why there isn't an area for this.

matt

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:34 am »
Hello, I'm fairly new to this site (love it, by the way!) and have just begun listing items in my collection.

I don't know if it's been suggested before, but why not allow a bit of a blurb underneath our names (around the "badge" area) to include a small amount of information about our collections, ourselves, etc.  For instance, I'd love to include a sentence or two explaining that my collection is shared between myself and my significant other.  Those who'd like to include a website or location could find this handy as well. 

Cheers!

Welcome to the site! I've tossed this idea area as well. I'll add it to the suggestion box. Right now my main goal is our upcoming server move as well as checking off a few items on the to-do list. Stayed tuned!

Thanks!

ko1ru

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 11:37:46 am »
Welcome to the site! I've tossed this idea area as well. I'll add it to the suggestion box. Right now my main goal is our upcoming server move as well as checking off a few items on the to-do list. Stayed tuned!

Thanks!

OK, thank you.  :)

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:23:05 am »
Welcome ko1ru!

It's a nice idea. I was also thinking about something like a small form, some "About me" information, Your favorite gaming system, How did you start collecting, Which year etc, some short and easy to respond (no time investing essays) questions.

Surely Matt will come up with something.

matt

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 10:10:44 am »
Surely Matt will come up with something.

You have way too much faith in me! :)