Author Topic: New PS3?  (Read 1561 times)

desocietas

New PS3?
« on: September 19, 2012, 02:01:57 pm »
Uh, whoa, wasn't expecting them to redesign the PS3... again.

http://uk.playstation.com/new-ps3/

Doesn't really make me want to buy one... still too pricey for my blood, and haven't been playing consoles much lately anyway.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

Re: New PS3?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 02:37:38 pm »
That redesign has been known for a while, just never "confirmed". I see it as a way for Sony to keep charging 300$ for their console and not much more :p

That said, Sony's presentation at TGS disappointed me. It feels like no company wants to actually compete with Nintendo right now even though their new console is on the way. A simple mention of the PS4 with some preliminary concept for its design would have taken at least some wind out of Nintendo's sail, but it seems MS and Sony are content with letting Nintendo do what they want. I just see both of them as being very weak-willed, it's really weird.

... End of rant :p

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45:01 pm »
That redesign has been known for a while, just never "confirmed". I see it as a way for Sony to keep charging 300$ for their console and not much more :p

That said, Sony's presentation at TGS disappointed me. It feels like no company wants to actually compete with Nintendo right now even though their new console is on the way. A simple mention of the PS4 with some preliminary concept for its design would have taken at least some wind out of Nintendo's sail, but it seems MS and Sony are content with letting Nintendo do what they want. I just see both of them as being very weak-willed, it's really weird.

... End of rant :p

Yeah, I wonder if it has to do with the move towards downloadable games...  I can see how that would make companies really rethink hardware specs and what users want from the next-gen machines.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:54 pm »
... so what did they remove now? :|

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:02 am »
... so what did they remove now? :|

I think one of the models in Europe doesn't have a hard drive... :P
Otherwise, I think nothing was removed.

madmax

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 04:47:07 pm »
if the price is right, I may be getting this. We'll see. The lack of a working PS3 is annoying. i havent even played FFX13-2 yet :'(

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 05:39:54 pm »
if the price is right, I may be getting this. We'll see. The lack of a working PS3 is annoying. i havent even played FFX13-2 yet :'(
and guess what FFX13-3 aka lightning returns: final fantasy xiii and final fantasy versus xiii to be release  in 2013

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:57:36 am »
I'll be getting one for free.  My cousin has been harassing me for my original 60GB for years, since I don't care about the PS2 compatibility and want wireless, I'll be trading up for one.

nintendojuggalo

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 06:19:57 pm »
... and still no playback for the older PS's. lol