Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599028 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10275 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:57 am »
I see that Bully's getting a PS4 release.

Is it any good?

Thoughts on 1-handed playability?

Good God!

Is kashell really almost at 2k posts here already?!

Seems like only yesterday...

Durned kids grow up so fast :)

I thought bully was a really good game, ill prob buy the ps4 one
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #10276 on: March 29, 2016, 12:08:54 pm »
My choir concert for this semester is tonight! Hope it goes well, it will be my last concert as an undergrad in college :)

Best of luck! :D This is my last year of my undergrad too! Do you plan on going back for another degree?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #10277 on: March 29, 2016, 12:12:52 pm »
My choir concert for this semester is tonight! Hope it goes well, it will be my last concert as an undergrad in college :)

Kick some ass! I'm sure it's going to be bittersweet and lots of fun.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10278 on: March 29, 2016, 12:59:23 pm »
I see that Bully's getting a PS4 release.

Is it any good?

Thoughts on 1-handed playability?

Good God!

Is kashell really almost at 2k posts here already?!

Seems like only yesterday...

Durned kids grow up so fast :)

I thought bully was a really good game, ill prob buy the ps4 one

It was a very cool concept for a game. I really wanted to like it. But the imposed time-limits really killed the game. They were so short. Your school-day seemed to fly-by in just a few minutes. It just felt like you were racing the clock, constantly.

telly

« Reply #10279 on: March 29, 2016, 02:14:13 pm »
Kick some ass! I'm sure it's going to be bittersweet and lots of fun.

Thanks handsome! It will be a long night of singing but it will be so awesome.  :D

Best of luck! :D This is my last year of my undergrad too! Do you plan on going back for another degree?

Oh sweet! College buddies  8)
I'm going back to graduate school for a PhD. I'll have a doctoral degree in nursing by the time I'm 25; it's very exciting stuff!  :o What about you?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:31:44 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #10280 on: March 29, 2016, 03:17:55 pm »
I'm going back to graduate school for a PhD. I'll have a doctoral degree in nursing by the time I'm 25; it's very exciting stuff!  :o What about you?

I have no idea what I'm doing after this. :P Probably more school of some kind. Might do a master's, might not. I really want to just get a job and move on with my life, but with the way things are now there's no way I'll get a good job in my field of study with just an undergrad.

sworddude

« Reply #10281 on: March 29, 2016, 04:28:34 pm »

I have no idea what I'm doing after this. :P Probably more school of some kind. Might do a master's, might not. I really want to just get a job and move on with my life, but with the way things are now there's no way I'll get a good job in my field of study with just an undergrad.

Off topic

Abe you don't by any chance play mario kart 8 as donkey kong online?
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telly

« Reply #10282 on: March 29, 2016, 10:54:37 pm »

What's your area of study? For nursing, a lot of people can enter the workforce right away in a hospital just with a BSN. (Some units like ICUs don't hire new grads, though, depends on where you work). If you want to be specialized or go into research or teaching you need to get a graduate degree.

So yeah, it really depends on what you want to do, but for nursing it's really nice to be able to enter a strong workforce with just a bachelor's degree :)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #10283 on: March 30, 2016, 02:10:55 am »
I had a lot of fun with Bully, but the 360 version had freezing problems and I just gave up on it.

abe

« Reply #10284 on: March 30, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »

What's your area of study? For nursing, a lot of people can enter the workforce right away in a hospital just with a BSN. (Some units like ICUs don't hire new grads, though, depends on where you work). If you want to be specialized or go into research or teaching you need to get a graduate degree.

So yeah, it really depends on what you want to do, but for nursing it's really nice to be able to enter a strong workforce with just a bachelor's degree :)

The official fancy term that shows up on my transcript is "Earth Science", but it's mostly just geology with some environmental stuff here and there. I've learned a pretty broad range of stuff, which is good because it means there's a lot of possibilities for what I can do later. Unfortunately, it also means I'm not particularly qualified for any decent jobs with just a BSc. On top of that, there's lots of competition from experienced geologists who have lost their fancy jobs in the oil industry and will take whatever they can get. I'll probably go back to university next year to start a master's degree in something or other.

Good to hear you've got things planned out. :)

kashell

« Reply #10285 on: March 31, 2016, 11:09:51 am »
Over 200 dollars to rent a goddamn tuxedo...

Do these places not realize that I could buy (and keep, not rent) video games for that much?!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10286 on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:53 pm »

Do these places not realize that I could buy (and keep, not rent) video games for that much?!

But video games don't make you feel like James Bond for a day

gf78

« Reply #10287 on: March 31, 2016, 01:45:15 pm »

A sign of a true-blue gamer & collector.  When you begin equating the costs of various things like food, gas, clothes, etc. to how many games you could buy with that money instead....you are hopelessly hooked. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10288 on: March 31, 2016, 01:53:48 pm »
What are your thoughts on this game?

It's actually a cheap SNES RPG, so I'm thinking about picking it up. But I'm wondering if it's cheap because it sucks.

kashell

« Reply #10289 on: March 31, 2016, 01:59:47 pm »

A sign of a true-blue gamer & collector.  When you begin equating the costs of various things like food, gas, clothes, etc. to how many games you could buy with that money instead....you are hopelessly hooked.

And hopelessly devoted...to gaming. Kudos to anyone that gets that reference.

What are your thoughts on this game?

It's actually a cheap SNES RPG, so I'm thinking about picking it up. But I'm wondering if it's cheap because it sucks.

It's basic. Like, toddler-level basic. If memory serves, Square wanted to make a "US friendly" RPG and they gave us this. That said, it has some of the best music in RPG history.