Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599111 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10440 on: April 13, 2016, 12:07:24 pm »
Do you ever get in that mood that you just want to buy something and, you don't care what? 
I'm cruising around eBay trying to find anything I want to bid on.

Always, just not on eBay.

Basically NES, and PS1 games right now. I'm debating whether it's worth spending $20 on Sky Kid. I'm also slightly disturbed by the fact that I don't yet own Life Force. There's actually a handful of commons that I've been meaning to go out and pick up, both NES and PS1. Also in the mood for Sega Saturn, the most cost prohibitive console ever to buy games for.

Why in the world would you spend $20 on Skykid?  That's a $5 game at best.  Just wait it out.  It'll go back down, or you'll find a copy.
Damn internet.  Inflating common games.   >:(

I don't think there's ever been a Cinemassacre promoted title that has ever went back down in value after they play it. Especially in today's market, once something is $20, $30, it's never $5 again. Because no one is going to sell for less.

tpugmire

« Reply #10441 on: April 13, 2016, 12:08:57 pm »
Depends on what they are. There are several cartridges worth a bit. I have many in the $50-$100 range. But yeah, for most of them $5 is a bit high.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10442 on: April 13, 2016, 12:43:21 pm »
I only need Dragon Warrior VII for PS1 to complete my Dragon Quest series...but it's pricier than I'd like it to be. I heard that there's a 3DS version coming out soon, so I hope that lowers the value a little.

gf78

« Reply #10443 on: April 13, 2016, 12:45:27 pm »
I only need Dragon Warrior VII for PS1 to complete my Dragon Quest series...but it's pricier than I'd like it to be. I heard that there's a 3DS version coming out soon, so I hope that lowers the value a little.

I'm afraid it won't lower the price, even if the value goes down.  Sellers get it into their heads that once an item is worth $50 (example) then they can never take less.  I see people sit on games for years because they can't bear to take less for it than it went for at it's peak. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #10444 on: April 13, 2016, 01:08:16 pm »

I'm afraid it won't lower the price, even if the value goes down.  Sellers get it into their heads that once an item is worth $50 (example) then they can never take less.  I see people sit on games for years because they can't bear to take less for it than it went for at it's peak.
Some pawn shops do that, they refuse to take a loss.  But these scummy resellers are worse, it sold for $800 once (but I'm sure the auction ended in non-payment) so they won't sell for any less.

gf78

« Reply #10445 on: April 13, 2016, 02:05:05 pm »

Some pawn shops do that, they refuse to take a loss.  But these scummy resellers are worse, it sold for $800 once (but I'm sure the auction ended in non-payment) so they won't sell for any less.

Yep.  It's a scummy tactic and to me, it's cutting your own nose off.  I have a pretty simple strategy for selling on eBay and it works 99% of the time.  If I have an item to sell, I go out and look at what it is ending for through bid auctions.  If a game is ending around $45 (just an example price) consistently, I will list my game with a Buy-It-Now of $40-$42.  That way, I'm undercutting the trending price by just a few bucks which isn't going to kill me and my item sells instantly.  I also utilize the "immediate payment required" option so I don't get stiffed by all the deadbeats that seem to keep coming to eBay.  I recently sold my copy of Bayonetta 2 for $58.00.  It sold in less than a day.  Meanwhile, idiots are sitting there with $80 and up on copies that aren't as nice as mine.  Thirty days go by, item doesn't sell.  It's get auto-relisted.  Thirty more days go by, relisted again.  So here these jokers are, asking a ridiculous price and not making any money.  I sell mine in a day at a fair market value. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10446 on: April 13, 2016, 02:16:57 pm »
Do you ever get in that mood that you just want to buy something and, you don't care what? 
I'm cruising around eBay trying to find anything I want to bid on.

Always, just not on eBay.

Basically NES, and PS1 games right now. I'm debating whether it's worth spending $20 on Sky Kid. I'm also slightly disturbed by the fact that I don't yet own Life Force. There's actually a handful of commons that I've been meaning to go out and pick up, both NES and PS1. Also in the mood for Sega Saturn, the most cost prohibitive console ever to buy games for.

Why in the world would you spend $20 on Skykid?  That's a $5 game at best.  Just wait it out.  It'll go back down, or you'll find a copy.
Damn internet.  Inflating common games.   >:(

I don't think there's ever been a Cinemassacre promoted title that has ever went back down in value after they play it. Especially in today's market, once something is $20, $30, it's never $5 again. Because no one is going to sell for less.

Remind me later.  Send me a message or something on here.  If I have a spare, I'll hook you up.  I just have to remember to look when I get home.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10447 on: April 13, 2016, 02:29:30 pm »

Yep.  It's a scummy tactic and to me, it's cutting your own nose off.  I have a pretty simple strategy for selling on eBay and it works 99% of the time.  If I have an item to sell, I go out and look at what it is ending for through bid auctions.  If a game is ending around $45 (just an example price) consistently, I will list my game with a Buy-It-Now of $40-$42.  That way, I'm undercutting the trending price by just a few bucks which isn't going to kill me and my item sells instantly.  I also utilize the "immediate payment required" option so I don't get stiffed by all the deadbeats that seem to keep coming to eBay.  I recently sold my copy of Bayonetta 2 for $58.00.  It sold in less than a day.  Meanwhile, idiots are sitting there with $80 and up on copies that aren't as nice as mine.  Thirty days go by, item doesn't sell.  It's get auto-relisted.  Thirty more days go by, relisted again.  So here these jokers are, asking a ridiculous price and not making any money.  I sell mine in a day at a fair market value.

This is what I do, too.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10448 on: April 13, 2016, 02:37:49 pm »
Laker fans are freaking crazy.... tickets are going for $900+ for the cheap seats for Kobe last game tonight....

I wouldnt want to be anywhere near staples center tonight.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #10449 on: April 13, 2016, 03:01:38 pm »
This is what I do, too.

Great minds think alike.   ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #10450 on: April 13, 2016, 03:35:16 pm »

Remind me later.  Send me a message or something on here.  If I have a spare, I'll hook you up.  I just have to remember to look when I get home.

Cool.

Pawn shops here are some of the least stingy places around. Most of them buy low and sell low, as far as the games. Most of the time flat prices.

gf78

« Reply #10451 on: April 13, 2016, 03:59:38 pm »
Pawn shops here are some of the least stingy places around. Most of them buy low and sell low, as far as the games. Most of the time flat prices.

Most of the pawn shops around my area are ran by asshats.  They want to give pennies and charge a small fortune.  In the last few years, several have cropped up that try to resell games at "market values" meaning they look on eBay and try to rip you a new one...almost always without consideration for condition or completeness.

The only reasonable pawn shop around is in Park Hills called Cash America which I believe is a large chain.  They pay a flat $3 and sell for a flat $6.  It's a good source for PS3 and 360 games.  They have some newer stuff but have a huge list of last gen including Wii for the most part.  They don't buy or sell anything older than that. 

« Reply #10452 on: April 13, 2016, 04:32:01 pm »

Most of the pawn shops around my area are ran by asshats.  They want to give pennies and charge a small fortune.  In the last few years, several have cropped up that try to resell games at "market values" meaning they look on eBay and try to rip you a new one...almost always without consideration for condition or completeness.

The only reasonable pawn shop around is in Park Hills called Cash America which I believe is a large chain.  They pay a flat $3 and sell for a flat $6.  It's a good source for PS3 and 360 games.  They have some newer stuff but have a huge list of last gen including Wii for the most part.  They don't buy or sell anything older than that.
Cash America used to be my jam, they would sell me games for $1-$3 a piece.  But now they try to price with ebay and they mark directly on the carts/discs.

There are a few pawn chains locally that I don't even know where they get their prices from, they had Jungle Book for SNES marked as $20, and all subsequent games marked similarly.  One that had a GCN Harry Potter game marked as $29.99.  It's pretty whack.  I used to try to explain to them that their prices were way off, but they get super offended, so I just ignore it and say no thanks and leave.

kashell

« Reply #10453 on: April 14, 2016, 08:28:59 am »
Well, color me surprised. I now own an Xbone(r). A friend of mine said he never played it and I could take it for a really small fee. This thing looks like it was never touched.

I got the console and two games that I'll never play (Titanfall and Dead Rising 3, if anyone is slightly interested). However, the neat thing about this is that I can check out games I have a casual interest in and not worry about trophies and such. For instance, I can check out Dark Souls III on ye olde Bone and not feel the need to do 100% of everything.

Does anyone know if Tales of Vesperia can be played on it? I remember hearing that some games would become backwards compatible over time, but I can't recall if ToV was one of them.

« Reply #10454 on: April 14, 2016, 08:44:36 am »
Well, color me surprised. I now own an Xbone(r). A friend of mine said he never played it and I could take it for a really small fee. This thing looks like it was never touched.

I got the console and two games that I'll never play (Titanfall and Dead Rising 3, if anyone is slightly interested). However, the neat thing about this is that I can check out games I have a casual interest in and not worry about trophies and such. For instance, I can check out Dark Souls III on ye olde Bone and not feel the need to do 100% of everything.

Does anyone know if Tales of Vesperia can be played on it? I remember hearing that some games would become backwards compatible over time, but I can't recall if ToV was one of them.
Nope.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games