Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599089 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10455 on: April 14, 2016, 09:01:12 am »
This thing looks like it was never touched.

Well...that's what happens when you don't have any good games to play.   :P  I kid, I kid.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #10456 on: April 14, 2016, 09:18:18 am »

Well...that's what happens when you don't have any good games to play.   :P  I kid, I kid.

SLAM!

Nope.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Sad day.

abe

« Reply #10457 on: April 14, 2016, 09:52:21 am »
Valkyie Anatomia is for smartphones. :( Not surprising, but still disappointing.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #10458 on: April 14, 2016, 10:06:00 am »

SLAM!

Nope.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Sad day.

The unfortunate reality is that JRPG's never did so well on Xbox.  This makes the chances of the few that exist getting the "BC" treatment is slim to none.  Same thing happened  with backwards-compatibility from the first Xbox to the 360.  Some of the best games like Otogi 1 & 2 were never made compatible.  To this day, I still say it was a crying shame that the Otogi games were never released on a PlayStation console. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #10459 on: April 14, 2016, 10:25:24 am »
The Otogi games looked fun. My younger brother was the Xbox owner of the three of us gaming-bros, so he was able to play them.

Valkyrie Anatomia is for smartphones. :( Not surprising, but still disappointing.

Well, damn. I was able to let Romancing SaGa 2 slide because I already own the Super Famicom copy and because I've wanted to play it for some time. New IP with my favorite battle-maidens? Not happening.

gf78

« Reply #10462 on: April 14, 2016, 12:32:51 pm »
Did anyone else see the articles that AMC Theaters are going to start allowing cell phone usage to "draw in the younger crowd?"  Well, there goes any hope of me spending a dime in a movie theater again.  They are overpriced, the food is ridiculously overpriced and now morons are going to sit there with their glowing iPhone screens, typing whatever nonsensical drivel they think makes them so damn important and screwing up my viewing pleasure. 

Hell, at the Maiden concert last week, Bruce fronted a guy out.  This guy was tweeting while standing directly in front of the stage.  He was so close, he could see if one of the band had a booger.  People are so addicted to their cell phones...I watched a guy at Walmart texting and walking...straight into the giant car battery rack.  He smacked his kisser on it real good.  Then they wonder why states are starting to pass laws that you can't be walking and texting.  It's completely ridiculous.  Because you are a dumbass and get hurt while playing on your phone, you think you get to sue?  That's where all this stems from. 

« Reply #10463 on: April 14, 2016, 12:34:07 pm »
That first set is the best of those 3.  I bought a set from a guy who made custom ones, only did one printing of like 200 sets.

I'll have to take a picture, they're pretty sweet.

kashell

« Reply #10464 on: April 14, 2016, 12:43:22 pm »
Did anyone else see the articles that AMC Theaters are going to start allowing cell phone usage to "draw in the younger crowd?"  Well, there goes any hope of me spending a dime in a movie theater again.  They are overpriced, the food is ridiculously overpriced and now morons are going to sit there with their glowing iPhone screens, typing whatever nonsensical drivel they think makes them so damn important and screwing up my viewing pleasure. 

Hell, at the Maiden concert last week, Bruce fronted a guy out.  This guy was tweeting while standing directly in front of the stage.  He was so close, he could see if one of the band had a booger.  People are so addicted to their cell phones...I watched a guy at Walmart texting and walking...straight into the giant car battery rack.  He smacked his kisser on it real good.  Then they wonder why states are starting to pass laws that you can't be walking and texting.  It's completely ridiculous.  Because you are a dumbass and get hurt while playing on your phone, you think you get to sue?  That's where all this stems from.

I was never a movie person even before cell phones became everyone's life blood. Now here's even more of a reason to avoid heading to the theater. In the rare even that there is a movie that looks mildly interesting, I'll Red Box it or look it up on something like Netflix.

And even that is a rare occurrence.

gf78

« Reply #10465 on: April 14, 2016, 12:55:09 pm »
I was never a movie person even before cell phones became everyone's life blood. Now here's even more of a reason to avoid heading to the theater. In the rare even that there is a movie that looks mildly interesting, I'll Red Box it or look it up on something like Netflix.

And even that is a rare occurrence.

Long ago, I made the decision that the only movies I had to see in the theater were Star Wars movies. 

rayne315

« Reply #10466 on: April 14, 2016, 01:12:52 pm »
As far as N64 end labels, which do you guys think looks better between these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Set-And-All-Variants-Of-N64-Top-Spine-Labels-/252351927190?hash=item3ac158d396:g:tkwAAOSwHPlWg~vk

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-N64-Cartridge-End-Labels-full-Set-Pre-Cut-4-color-options-/121935546881?hash=item1c63ecca01:g:7OUAAOSwNSxVcIt3

maybe even...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N64-Top-End-Labels-U-S-Titles-One-Page-48-Games-Pick-the-Games-You-Want-/121652983114?hash=item1c5315354a:g:K0YAAOSwNSxVVte0

I like the ones from the second link because they have pictures on them but honestly I would buy the first because I personally feel like if Nintendo made end labels the 64 carts they would look like the first. well done and low key.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10467 on: April 14, 2016, 01:50:02 pm »
As long as they aren't being noisy with music or video game sounds or something, I really don't see the teeny-tiny glow of phone screens messing with the viewing of the gigantic movie screen in front of you.

gf78

« Reply #10468 on: April 14, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »
As long as they aren't being noisy with music or video game sounds or something, I really don't see the teeny-tiny glow of phone screens messing with the viewing of the gigantic movie screen in front of you.

I do.  It's a constant distraction.  Especially if you are in one of the old-style movie theaters where the seating is on a slight downhill grade.  Are you telling me that if you are watching a movie or playing a game, a light blinking on doesn't distract you?  Movie tickets aren't cheap as is, now you are going to have self-absorbed mongoloids tweeting how "stu" Jenny's new dress is.  It will look like a frickin' Christmas tree blinking on & off around you.   ::)

Here's the thing for all the kiddies out there who think they are the next big online sensation:  Put your fucking phone away.  When I grew up, you didn't have a damn phone to carry around with you.  Nobody gives a shit about a picture of the sandwich you ate at TGI Friday's or your stupid duck-face selfie.  If you want to tell people you saw "whatever movie" do it after the movie.  Maybe I'm old and jaded, but when I get behind some blithering idiot driving 15 miles an hour under the speed limit and drifting in their lane only to find they are on the phone?  I want to make them pull over and physically shove their phone up their asshole.  I mean it.  Right up their asshole.  Tweet that.   >:(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 02:04:13 pm by gf78 »

maximo310

« Reply #10469 on: April 14, 2016, 02:03:49 pm »
Is AMC the only chain that's changing the policy? I usually go to Cinemark theatres where they are strictly anti-phone during the movie and will kick you out if you are causing any distractions.