Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599616 times)

shepard11

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11430 on: June 22, 2016, 11:59:55 pm »
I have a budget and I don't go over it but my normal store has a holding bin for me so I never go over and rarely have to choose on whether I want it or not

kashell

« Reply #11431 on: June 23, 2016, 08:36:38 am »
The World Ends With You keeps on piling on new features. I enjoy complex games, but this is starting to get a bit crazy.

gf78

« Reply #11432 on: June 23, 2016, 08:50:54 am »
My wife contacted the Bethesda rep to inquire if there is a tracking number on my Xbox One.  Not only did he reply with the tracking info, when I looked it up it UPS says it's scheduled for delivery today (Thursday 06/23)!!!!!   I am so excite!  It could arrive anywhere from 8:30 this morning to almost 8 tonight.  Such is the way of UPS around here.   ::)  Regardless, I will upload pics of the custom Doom system as soon as I get it!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #11433 on: June 23, 2016, 10:36:37 am »
My wife contacted the Bethesda rep to inquire if there is a tracking number on my Xbox One.  Not only did he reply with the tracking info, when I looked it up it UPS says it's scheduled for delivery today (Thursday 06/23)!!!!!   I am so excite!  It could arrive anywhere from 8:30 this morning to almost 8 tonight.  Such is the way of UPS around here.   ::)  Regardless, I will upload pics of the custom Doom system as soon as I get it!

hopefully it also comes with a limited edition doom game just for the prize.

also remember you cant just sit facing out the open window waiting for the guy.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #11434 on: June 23, 2016, 10:46:20 am »

hopefully it also comes with a limited edition doom game just for the prize.

also remember you cant just sit facing out the open window waiting for the guy.

I would literally shit myself if it came with the limited edition of Doom and that badass statue!  However, I don't think it comes with anything other than the system, controller, cables and documentation.  Still, one can dream!  I figure it will be in a standard Xbox One box.  Maybe I'll luck out and it will be a bundle with at least a free game thrown in!   :P

And sadly, I cannot sit in my chair staring out the window.  I'm at work.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

karyann

« Reply #11435 on: June 23, 2016, 10:57:27 am »
I would literally shit myself if it came with the limited edition of Doom and that badass statue!  However, I don't think it comes with anything other than the system, controller, cables and documentation.  Still, one can dream!  I figure it will be in a standard Xbox One box.  Maybe I'll luck out and it will be a bundle with at least a free game thrown in!   :P

That's when you place a camera connected to the internet that you can access at work and see when the guy comes to your front door, and speak out of a speaker to give instructions to the creeped out guy about where to put the package so that it's not found easily but you can play it as soon as you get home  :P

gf78

« Reply #11436 on: June 23, 2016, 11:27:24 am »

That's when you place a camera connected to the internet that you can access at work and see when the guy comes to your front door, and speak out of a speaker to give instructions to the creeped out guy about where to put the package so that it's not found easily but you can play it as soon as you get home  :P

LOL.  That would be funny!  Alas, my wife not working means she will be home should UPS arrive before I get off work.  I checked the tracking for Halo 5 and Master Chief Collection (two I won on eBay) and both should be arriving today as well! 

My wife being home has been great for winning crap.  She enters all kinds of contests, drawings, etc.  Some of her best scores include a $500 Macy's gift card, $1000 Cabela's gift card, a metal detector, a Zeppelin Air wifi speaker system and now an Xbox One.  She's also won my Gear VR headset.  We've gotten gift cards, Amazon credits and tons of other crap.  We got a really cool Stella Artois glass one time. 

rayne315

« Reply #11437 on: June 23, 2016, 11:37:38 am »

LOL.  That would be funny!  Alas, my wife not working means she will be home should UPS arrive before I get off work.  I checked the tracking for Halo 5 and Master Chief Collection (two I won on eBay) and both should be arriving today as well! 

My wife being home has been great for winning crap.  She enters all kinds of contests, drawings, etc.  Some of her best scores include a $500 Macy's gift card, $1000 Cabela's gift card, a metal detector, a Zeppelin Air wifi speaker system and now an Xbox One.  She's also won my Gear VR headset.  We've gotten gift cards, Amazon credits and tons of other crap.  We got a really cool Stella Artois glass one time.

metal detector? is it any good? do you need?

where does she find all these contests to enter?

on a different note sometimes I hate math.... I have a walking ds game that has a "walk around the world" feature which is the only way to beat the game.... looked online for the step count to beat it couldn't find anything. but found a line in the Manuel that basically says it will literally take me the steps to walk the circumference of the earth... upon research it will take somewhere between 50,000,000 to 55,000,000 steps... I only take about 3-4000 a day... in other words with my current walking it will take me ~14285 days to beat.... or ~39 years...

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #11438 on: June 23, 2016, 12:29:18 pm »

metal detector? is it any good? do you need?

where does she find all these contests to enter?

on a different note sometimes I hate math.... I have a walking ds game that has a "walk around the world" feature which is the only way to beat the game.... looked online for the step count to beat it couldn't find anything. but found a line in the Manuel that basically says it will literally take me the steps to walk the circumference of the earth... upon research it will take somewhere between 50,000,000 to 55,000,000 steps... I only take about 3-4000 a day... in other words with my current walking it will take me ~14285 days to beat.... or ~39 years...

Here's how to beat that DS game in no time flat.  Strap it to the back of your dominant hand.  Then masturbate.  The motion will trick the ticker into thinking it's steps.  Don't ask me how I know this. 

We sold the metal detector on eBay for $200 earlier this year.  We just didn't have any need for it.  I believe most of the contests she started out with were on Facebook and Twitter.  Stuff like "like this page & comment" for a chance to win.  After you do so many of those, you will start getting other emails for different contests.  She has the time during the day since she doesn't go to work anymore to go through all those emails.  Me, I wouldn't bother. 

She wins a ton of shit.  Literally every day, we have packages in the mail.  She gets these party box things where you get a box of stuff, then have a get together and pass out stuff to friends, co-workers, whatever.  One came yesterday with 10 Kikoman t-shirts (the soy sauce) that are grey with the logo on the front, 10 coupons good for one free Kikoman product up to $6 each, a $25 American Express gift card, a pair of barbecue tongs (really nice ones with wooden handles) and some other stuff. 

We've gotten literally hundreds of coupons for free Snickers or Skittles.  We constantly get coupons for a free bag of dog food or cat litter or something along those lines.  Last month we got two free 72-load each bottles of HE laundry detergent.  Neither of us have had to buy deodorant in three years.  She won a box of Secret Women's Ultra and about every month or so, I end up getting a free can of Axe dry spray.  We've got enough sample bottles of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, bodywash, Nivea aftershave, etc. that we give it away to people like Halloween candy.  I very rarely have to buy Tums, Prilosec, Z-Quil or Alegra as we constantly get sample packs in the mail.  She's constantly getting free phone cases.  Most of them have been for iPhones, but we get occasional cases for others once in a great while.  One that she won was a Mophie Juice Pack for an iPhone 5 that we sold.  Last month, she won two tickets to a comedy club in St. Louis.  A few years ago, she won four tickets to the USO show featuring Chevelle.  A year before that, she won three tickets to see Stone Sour and Lacuna Coil. 

I'm not going to complain about my wife at all.  She's beautiful, smart and extremely affectionate to me and the girls.  She doesn't bitch about me buying stuff until I hit an excess.  She actively looks for Star Wars stuff for me when she's out shopping.  She wins all kinds of goodies and she never cut off or changed anything about the nookie after we got married.  I love you Holly Noel!   :-*

kashell

« Reply #11439 on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »

What game is this? O__o

desocietas

« Reply #11440 on: June 23, 2016, 12:52:15 pm »
The World Ends With You keeps on piling on new features. I enjoy complex games, but this is starting to get a bit crazy.

Hahah, it gets really crazy and you feel like a big part of the game is wrapping your head around it. It's still one of my favorites for the DS, though, and I liked how it actually rewarded you for taking breaks from playing the game (in the form of xp).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #11441 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:36 pm »

What game is this? O__o

Personal Trainer: Walking  its extremely cheap (>$2 at gamestop if you can find it) and came with 2 step counters, one for you and one for someone else. but I have to say good luck finding it with the step counters in the wild.

all it is is a walking counter with no real game to it. but they gives you 100 pictures in the "walk around the world" feature where you can make the pictures with the steps you take every day.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:00:47 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #11442 on: June 23, 2016, 01:01:49 pm »

What game is this? O__o

Personal Trainer: Walking  its extremely cheap (>$2 at gamestop if you can find it) and came with 2 step counters, one for you and one for someone else. but I have to say good luck finding it with the step counters in the wild.

all it is is a walking counter with no real game to it. but they gives you 100 pictures in the "walk around the world" feature where you can make the pictures with the steps you take every day.

Do you ever go to fairs or conventions? You'll get a lot of steps in for those occasions  :P
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11443 on: June 23, 2016, 03:18:12 pm »

Hahah, it gets really crazy and you feel like a big part of the game is wrapping your head around it. It's still one of my favorites for the DS, though, and I liked how it actually rewarded you for taking breaks from playing the game (in the form of xp).

I'm glad you can let the computer take care of your partner. Dealing with both screens and the button -AND- the stylus is a bit too much.

I really like it's style and music so far.

desocietas

« Reply #11444 on: June 23, 2016, 03:36:09 pm »

I'm glad you can let the computer take care of your partner. Dealing with both screens and the button -AND- the stylus is a bit too much.

I really like it's style and music so far.

Yeah, for a long time, I had the computer control the top part and paid no attention to how to fight on the top screen.  I figure I'll play through it again and try to make the most of both screens but I'll have to be in the right state of mind, I think. It's a lot of brain-switching.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas