Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658845 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11715 on: July 21, 2016, 02:37:09 am »
I got a raise! And it was a surprise. It was just sitting there on my check, and I went to make sure it was correct, and sure as shit!

I love my job. They treat us well.

Congrats!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11716 on: July 21, 2016, 08:42:02 am »
Ya know, I actually had kind-of a good day today, and not for any particular reason. And I wonder if this is how most people feel on a daily basis. I had energy, mental clarity, felt content to do the things I needed to do, even had fun doing them in a way. It was like nothing could bring me down, and I was ready for anything. No brain fog, no negative thoughts, no nagging worries, no lethargy. It's very, very rare that I have days like this.

Just hope when I wake up tomorrow, it's still the same.

I'm glad to hear that. Good days should happen to good people.

« Reply #11717 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:02 am »
I really hope that these aren't our free games for next month for XBox Gold members.

The offerings have been pretty lackluster lately, and a group of crappy, never heard of them, indie games (and a bicycling game) is not getting me excited.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-xbox-one-backward-compatible-games-now-availa/1100-6441949/

Nah. Those are just the newest backwards compatible titles.

I got that. But these are odd picks for backwards compatible. And the freebies always go backwards compatible. So that's why I was hoping that wasn't the reason why this is happening.
Microsoft doesn't pick what goes BC, all games are capable of going BC, no work necessary on part of the devs/publishers.  The IP holder just has to say to Microsoft that it is OK, and then Microsoft flips the switch on that title ID.

gf78

« Reply #11718 on: July 21, 2016, 09:28:04 am »
Ya know, I actually had kind-of a good day today, and not for any particular reason. And I wonder if this is how most people feel on a daily basis. I had energy, mental clarity, felt content to do the things I needed to do, even had fun doing them in a way. It was like nothing could bring me down, and I was ready for anything. No brain fog, no negative thoughts, no nagging worries, no lethargy. It's very, very rare that I have days like this.

Just hope when I wake up tomorrow, it's still the same.

That's awesome.  I've dealt with depression and anxiety disorder from a very young age.  So I know what you are talking about.  It seems very rare for me as well to have a day like you, where everything just seems to be great for no particular reason.  I hope it continues for you!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11719 on: July 21, 2016, 10:53:20 am »
So last night i was play ps4, talking to one of my buddies, and i hear something crash. Now my dad is older and has fallen before, so i get up quick and i got check on him, he is just chilling in his room and was fine, I walk into the living room, and i see water spreading on the floor.... I was like.... well that cant be good. I turn the corner and see the fish tank (10 gallon) that was sitting on this particle board shelf had competently collapse. I run back to my dad and told him what happen. So i start unplugging everything while he saved the one fish that remain in the tank...... i also texted my brother and mom to get home cause my dad wouldnt be much help since he had a bad back.

2 hours later, and $200 later, we had everything cleaned up and the new tank up.... the only fish that remains in the tank is a plecostomus, the rest of the fish died years ago.

So yes, we spent $200 to save a 10+ year old plecostomus. haha

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #11720 on: July 21, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »
Put some other fish in your new tank yo.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #11721 on: July 22, 2016, 08:20:12 am »
Friday! Holler back, yo!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11722 on: July 22, 2016, 10:23:32 am »
Friday! Holler back, yo!

Holla at cha boi!

kashell

« Reply #11723 on: July 22, 2016, 10:44:01 am »
You know that's right! I'll be seeing your fly ass tomorrow!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11724 on: July 22, 2016, 11:00:42 am »
Put some other fish in your new tank yo.

We did last night, took the nephew to help pick some.  ;D

1049-2600-8730

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11725 on: July 22, 2016, 10:13:40 pm »
my god the Sonic 25th presentation is proabably one of the worst presentations I've seen put together. I can tell you the Audio guy is getting Fired after this.

Edit: Sonic Mania announced not bad, I like how the main guy behind this is the same who did the Sonic CD Remaster/Remake it's just kinda underwhelming cause it feels a bit like Sonic 4 all over again.

Crush 40 is Killing it though almost single-handedly made watching this worth it. I really feel Johnny Gioeli is one of the most underrated voices. seriously look up the stuff he's done with Hardline and Axel Rudi Pell.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:01:54 pm by redblaze57 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11726 on: July 23, 2016, 10:02:56 am »
^ The game looks awesome. We've had other 2D Sonic titles since the Genesis titles, but this is different, this looks like a long lost Genesis title. I'm excited.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11727 on: July 24, 2016, 12:49:08 am »
Got to hang out with Kashell for a while today. Damn! It's cool to see you guys.
So far, I've got to meet soera, Kashell, Mr Nikon, and Darko in person.

Who's next?  I'll be at Retropalooza the first weekend in October.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11728 on: July 24, 2016, 11:41:52 am »
Got back from CCAG yesterday. Bought a handful of pricey games. All Sega. Will post my finds here in a bit. I think I might look into Master System a bit more.

kashell

« Reply #11729 on: July 24, 2016, 05:38:57 pm »
Hanging out with turf (and his lovely plus one) was the top highlight of a weekend that was already filled to the max with many highlights.

Memphis, TN will never be the same again.