Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531864 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12810 on: March 09, 2017, 11:33:38 am »
Folks who stream playing games, what software do you use?  I'm looking at Xsplit and buying the Hauppauge HD PVR 60 Gaming Edition, and maybe a AV to HDMI converter.

I have the capability of making some pre-recorded stuff and upload the videos after editing, but it'd be nice to have something that I can just stream with instead of doing video editing.

I use OBS Studio: https://obsproject.com/

It's free, there are a lot of guides online for how to customize and set it up, and it's a common software for many broadcasters, from those just starting to those who have been streaming for years professionally as a career. Xsplit is good, but I found OBS to be more user-friendly and the best option when you want to see if you even *like* streaming. Recording/editing isn't really my thing (too lazy), but I really like live streaming when I have the time and energy to do it.

In any case, Xsplit usually has free trials and such, so if you're really interested in trying it, definitely try it while it's free first before deciding.
I will definitely give this a try. Open source is preferred and C++ is something I have a high level of comfort with, so even better.

kashell

« Reply #12811 on: March 09, 2017, 12:03:33 pm »
I read that the DS version of I & II is pretty bad. Should I bother with it if I own the game (Chronicles+) on Steam?

I liked it because it had a "swing Adol's sword" button. I never liked the running into enemies mechanics.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12812 on: March 09, 2017, 12:40:03 pm »
I finally secured myself a copy of Drakengard. Everyone was telling me if I like the Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors games that I need to play this, because it's even better.

...yeah, that's not true. Drakengard is like Dynasty Warriors, if you like big, empty, boring environments. I think I'll just play one of the many Warriors games, instead.

BTW, thanks guys for the detailed responses to my Ys question.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:58:39 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12813 on: March 09, 2017, 03:26:07 pm »
Folks who stream playing games, what software do you use?  I'm looking at Xsplit and buying the Hauppauge HD PVR 60 Gaming Edition, and maybe a AV to HDMI converter.

I have the capability of making some pre-recorded stuff and upload the videos after editing, but it'd be nice to have something that I can just stream with instead of doing video editing.

I use OBS with a Razer Ripsaw capture device.  It's easy. It works well. 
If you want to take a look at it, here's a video I did just playing around with my NES Classic.  https://youtu.be/I7OMo-u8R8Y

desocietas

« Reply #12814 on: March 09, 2017, 04:06:27 pm »

I use OBS with a Razer Ripsaw capture device.  It's easy. It works well. 
If you want to take a look at it, here's a video I did just playing around with my NES Classic.  https://youtu.be/I7OMo-u8R8Y

Oh yeah, I should mention that I use the elgato HD capture card for my retro and current gen console streaming.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #12815 on: March 10, 2017, 02:46:26 am »
Yeah OBS is probably the best option, since there's a ton of settings that you can tweak to your liking, especially for balancing audio and mic levels.

I really need to get a good capture card at some point so i can stream off of real hardware; so far I'm limited to my laptop.

rayne315

« Reply #12816 on: March 10, 2017, 03:51:41 pm »
can today hurry up and be over? ive been staring at the clock for the last half hour...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #12817 on: March 10, 2017, 03:55:50 pm »
can today hurry up and be over? ive been staring at the clock for the last half hour...

srsly. i just feel so bleh today (hopefully not getting sick). just wanna go back home, get in some pjs, and video game until bedtime.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12818 on: March 12, 2017, 01:16:18 pm »
I was playing Spider-Man the other day on my Dreamcast, and the oddest thing was happening: After a couple levels in, the sound would fade in and out, or certain sound effects or the BGM would fade out completely, and then come back again.

I played some Tony Hawk and Vigilante 8 just to be sure it wasn't my system, and it wasn't.

And it wasn't like a scratched disc problem, because it wasn't skipping or just straight cutting out, it was fading in and out.

Anyone know what the issue on the game is here? You think a simple resurfacing will fix it?

Warmsignal

« Reply #12819 on: March 12, 2017, 10:20:52 pm »
I just realized yesterday that I bought a game I didn't remember having already. Little Deviants for PS Vita. Must have been thinking something else.

anagar

« Reply #12820 on: March 13, 2017, 02:07:49 am »
I just realized yesterday that I bought a game I didn't remember having already. Little Deviants for PS Vita. Must have been thinking something else.

I almost did the same with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team yesterday too. I stood there for the longest time trying to remember if I did or not.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

kashell

« Reply #12821 on: March 13, 2017, 09:05:12 am »
Twitler is going to be downtown on Wednesday. Traffic is going to be ri-dic-u-lous.

« Reply #12822 on: March 13, 2017, 09:45:08 am »
So, while I have a gameroom all set up with all of my retro stuff, I have literally used the set up less than 5 times since we bought our house a couple years back.  Most of the systems are just sitting there unplugged, because why bother hooking them up if I'm not ready to play.

I decided that since my wife wanted to play Zelda that I would go play Night Trap on my Sega CD 32x.  But I can't for the life of me find my 32x to Genesis adapter cable.  I know I had one because I played Kolibri and Star Wars Acade back at our old house.  And I know we didn't leave ANY cables, but I can't for the life of me find the damned cable.  Now I get to go buy a new cable ($3 from China 1-3 month delivery, $8 and it'll get here in a week, or $15 and it'll get here Wednesday).

I'm trying to remember how the Sega CD was packed, because I know we packed all the cables with the systems, but I have no clue.  I think I'm missing a few cables, but I don't know what, which, and where the box would be.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12823 on: March 13, 2017, 10:33:01 am »

I almost did the same with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team yesterday too. I stood there for the longest time trying to remember if I did or not.

It figures, this never happened to me before the VGCollect app decided to stop letting me log in.

desocietas

« Reply #12824 on: March 13, 2017, 11:13:35 am »

It figures, this never happened to me before the VGCollect app decided to stop letting me log in.

We're working on the app! Are you able to login to the website itself on your phone? That's what I do if I need to check my collection on the go.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas